Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exiting a Hold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdorrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exiting a Hold
    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 11:51am
I am out flying my airplane and sometimes see EXIT HOLD while in a holding pattern; but sometimes I have to delete the HOLD waypoint to accomplish the same thing. I'm looking for documentation that specifies what I should see and when - regarding exiting a hold you are in.

Deleting the waypoint just feels wrong.
MikeS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 2:37pm
Check out the Pilot Guide. The Exit Hold LSK is an FMS Hook, and will be explained on page 6-14 in the 5xx Pilot Guide, and page 5-13 in the 4xx Pilot Guide. 
You'll see this LSK if the hold is not the last leg in the flight plan, and you shouldn't have to delete it in order to exit the hold.
fdorrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdorrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 5:10pm
you are correct. I understand it now and appreciate your response.  Thank you. Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic