Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a dealer install in the SE USA ASAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a dealer install in the SE USA ASAP
    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:14am
I'm about to put an offer in on a new-to-me Baron. That's the exciting news. The bad news is that it has an ancient Trimble GPS, so old that it can't be updated with recent navdata. While I'm perfectly happy to fly raw ILS approaches, there are lots of places I want to go that don't *have* ILS so I'd like to get a 540 installed.

The kicker: I need the airplane ready to go before my wedding at the end of March. That rules out using my favorite shop, Thom Duncan Avionics. So I need to find another shop, preferably in the southeastern US, that can: remove the Trimble GPS, remove 1 of the 2 KX155s, install a 540, and get it working. Any recommendations for shops in the area that you've used and liked would be appreciated.
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:57am
Is the time constraint related to "what YOU can spend on yourself?"

Just kidding, Congrats on the pending nuptials...
Sauce
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:21pm
ha! No, nothing like that-- she proposed to me in my existing plane, and I need a plane both to travel to/from the wedding but also as a prop in the ceremony, for photos, etc. If need be I can hang on to my PA32 until after the wedding but it'd be nicer to use the new plane since it has much, much nicer paint.

(also: wedding planning is terrible and, if given the chance, you should elope rather than subject yourself to it)
Aerochip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerochip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:57pm
Try Drew at Absolute Aviation at X50 (just south of New Smyrna Beach).
bruceflys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bruceflys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:29am
Contact Leo (owner) at Orlando Avionics: http://orlandoavionics.com
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm
Probably nobody better than Sarasota Avionics in Venice FL. I have not had service done by them, but I did get my my avionics from them when I did an upgrade to EFIS G5s. Nice bunch of folks to work with on that transaction.
Rocket Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:25pm
https://rgaero.com/
Pompano Beach
Avidyne installer
Bob
IFD 440
Beech Sierra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic