Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Release 9 Insiders - Anyone can post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EMAX question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EMAX question
    Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 5:35pm

A question about Logs (R9)

Prior to this weekend, the last time I downloaded logs from the R9 was on 1/20/2012.

Yesterday, I again downloaded the logs:

The first entries in SYSTEM.CVS were on 2/14/2012 (missing the first 8 flights).

The first entries in ENGINE.CVS were on 2/16/2012 (missing the first 8 flights).

The first entries in FLIGHT.CVS were on 8/22/2012 (missing the first 40 flights).

Each file ended with the most recent activity.

My assumption is that this is a result of limited size FIFO storage for the logs. I prefer not to assume, however. Is there something else going on here?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 7:10pm
No, I think you are correct in the FIFO architecture and storage limits.  I'll check for sure on Tuesday and post an update.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 9:49am
It's not really feasible to come up with an absolute storage limit in terms of flight hours or calendar time.   By way of background,  we designed the various flight logs to store at least 25 flight hours of data, and that is often much bigger.

As for physical sizes,

Engine Log is 16 MB

Events Log is 8 MB

Flight Log is 44 MB

System Log is 16 MB

Voltage Log is 8 MB

The logs are recorded in a compressed format such that duplicates between samples are not recorded multiple times. That makes an absolute “time” metric a bit more complex.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
rdawson View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 10:02am

Ok – a new question.

In the subsequent download of logs from my R9 system. C_SYSTEM.CSV and C_FLIGHT.CSV were normal but there was a discrepancy with C_ENGINE.CSV.

Normally, the first few lines of the .CSV file are:

Line 1    A series of text column headers

Line 2    <<<<  **** POWER ON **** >>>>

(Sometimes there are a couple of line with data in some columns before the power on line.)

In the file I downloaded, the first two lines were

Line 1    <<Incremental extract>>

Line 2    <<<<  **** POWER ON **** >>>>

The missing column headers apparently result in engine data not being processed by CirrusReports.com.

Was there something I did wrong in the download process?

Is it likely that the file can be repaired by copying the headers from an earlier file?

Thanks for the help.

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:53pm
Our guy who has the most experience with this suggests you can try to cut and paste previous known good  headers into the file.  Hie thinks your compact flash card  may be corrupted but let's try the cut & paste exercise first.  Fingers crossed.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic