Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Importing Jepp Updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64BoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing Jepp Updates
    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:07am
I am having difficulty with updating the navigation and obstacle data bases from my Jeppesen subscription into the IFD 100 or IFD 100 10.2 app. I login with my current password, it then states "requesting Jeppesen services" then requesting "Avidyne services" then "unknown error".
Any idea what them problem is and its solution?

Thanks
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 9:06am
When you get that error, touch the settings (gear) icon in the upper right corner of the iPad.  Then scroll through the "activity" section of the page that appears.  That should give you a clue about the error.  If not, report back with what the log says and we'll decipher it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Edmund Cammack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:44am
i am having the same issue, attached is a screen shot of the log page

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:45am
i am having the same issue
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:53am
This shows that you're not logged in.  What does the log show after you log in and have tried to download a database?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:02am

Edited by Edmund Cammack - 09 Dec 2021 at 10:05am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 2:17pm
But what does the activity log show?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 2:38pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 5:04pm
LOL, I'm not quite sure what to do with that, but stand by.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 6:41pm
OK,
i have deleted the app a few times, then rebooted the ipad, then reinstalled the app. it logs in to Jeppesen and seem as if it will start the download then i get the error message and most times the app freezes and then crashes. i am on IOS version 14.6 on the ipad but updating now to 15.1
will let you know if that helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 7:42pm
I upgraded to IOS 15.1 with the same results. the little dialogue box at the bottom of the screen first says "logging in", then it says "requesting jeppesen services" then after a few seconds it says "requesting avidyne services" then a few seconds later it says "unknown error" and freezes.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 9:16am
We're stumped.  The Avidyne services are up and running.  I was able to connect both from home and in the office.  I'm guessing that you have had this working on the same network in the past?  I guess you could try it again using a different WiFi network, but that's a shot in the dark.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 9:45am
I have tried using the cell connection and on wifi. if i delete the app, reboot and reinstall, it logs in and shows 1 active subscription available, which i select. it starts and then i get the error message. i saw another thread that said it is a jeppesen issue so i have a call into them to see if they can reset my acct.
will et you know if that works.
thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmund Cammack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:49pm

I have deleted both the 100 app and the trainer. Jeppesen deleted my subscription and refunded my payment. I bought a new Jeppesen subscription. I rebooted the ipad and downloaded the 100 app. I open it and go to the login page and log in. I see the terms & conditions and accept. I then see the jep subscription and it says 1 activate. I choose activate and it starts. At the bottom of the app there is a message that says requesting Jeppesen for a few seconds, then the message changes to requesting avidyne for a few seconds, then a message unexpected error and the app freezes. It must be an avidyne problem.

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic