Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avidyne 540 & Lynx NGT 9000 w/TAS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdojr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avidyne 540 & Lynx NGT 9000 w/TAS
    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:47pm
I just installed a Lynx NGT 9000 w/TAS.  I have been unable to receive traffic on the 540 screen, but receive it fine on an Aspen PFD/MFD.  I am using wired connections between the Lynx and 540 & the 540 to the Aspen.
I changed a few configuration settings and now my 540 shows a "TRAFFIC LOW IN YELLOW' caution allert during a ground system test of the NGT 9000. During the ground test the Aspen shows a pictorial display that emulates the Lynx.  The Lynx display shows three targets.  1. A yellow target 200' below on an intercept course and two non threat aircraft 1000' above & 1000' below.
My question is, is this a normal test for the 540. The pilot's guide shows the possible traffic symbols on page 4-45, but I can't tell if these symbols should show up on a ground test.
Thanks,
Dean
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm
This is the test screen for the NGT-9000 as lifted from the pilot guide, so it seem to match what you are seeing on the IFD.

I don't have TAS which is active traffic, I only have ATAS but I would think the NGT-9000 uses the same mechanism to forward traffic to IFD.

On the NGT-9000 from the configuration application MPC (downloadable directly from L3/Harris) you want to make sure the following is configured, from the Setup -> Configuration -> Modify -> I/O Options -> Misc page make sure that the RS-422 baud rate is set to 115,200 , the ADS-B Output is set to Enabled, and the RS-422 #1 Input/Output Configuration is set to Control Panel/External Display.

On the IFD make sure you set the appropriate input serial interface to be "Capstone HS Trfc+Wx"

jdojr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdojr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm
Thanks for the reply.  I now have the IFD and Lynx configured correctly and it works great!  Thank you.
Dean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic