Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD550 WIFI not discoverable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eloigorri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD550 WIFI not discoverable
    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 3:59am
Hi,
New owner of an IFD550, so apologies if this has been covered, but I could not find any searchable match here or in the manuals.

Running v 10.2.6.1.
Network Configuration Factory default - SSID : LIO_WIFI

Having enabled the BT/WIFI key and enabled WIFI/BT on normal start up of the IFD, I am unable to see the IFD LIO_WIFI on my IPad.  If I manually connect to it by typing in the SSID, it connects and I can transfer flight plans from FF etc.  As soon as I disconnect and restart the IFD the IPad "forgets the connection" and will not automatically connect or list it again.

I do not have any issues with other WIFI networks on this IPad.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Eduardo
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:49am
Are the bluetooth and wifi icons both showing green at the top of the IFD550? If you can't see LIO_WIFI network on the ipad, then your IFD isn't likely transmitting on it and the problem must be to be found there. Are ENET/IO and BT both green on the AUX/SYS page? Does the BT keyboard work?

Edited by chflyer - 03 Sep 2021 at 9:02am
Vince
eloigorri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eloigorri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:59am
yes both icons are shown, and l can connect to the IFD WIFI by manually entering the SSID name on the IPad.
E
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 9:33am
What iOS are you running? I wonder if Apple has done something to wifi support.

I have just checked and notice that the IFD Trainer also no longer presents LIO_WIFI to the wifi network when started. Worse, I am unable to find the LIO_WIFI network from another ipad even when entering the SSID. This always worked before hence my suspicion that Apple has changed something. I'm running 14.6.
Vince
eloigorri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eloigorri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 6:41am
I am running IOS 14.4 on my Ipad.
Today I set up an additional WIFI Access Point on the IFD in addition to the default one LIO_WIFI, and the second entry is discoverable, but not the factory default one.

It feels that LIO_WIFI is being set to private/hidden by default?

Cheers - E
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:46am
I  use the LIO_WIFI default in my panel IFD and it works fine, all the time. In fact I regularly use FF to set up my route at home and then just transfer it to the IFD after startup and changing the ipad Wifi to LIO_WIFI. It does take a bit of time for the LIO_WIFI to appear after power-on and replying "Accept" to the prompt.... perhaps up to a minute or two..... I usually have other things to concentrate on after that step any by then it's findable on the ipad.

One thought though..... do you have one IFD or two? In the case of two IFDs, it is recommended to activate wifi on only one of them..... otherwise they might conflict.
Vince
eloigorri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eloigorri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:08am
I am only running one IFD at the moment, and no matter how long l wait l never see LIO_WIFI appear, whereas the second WAP appears as you say after about 2 mins.

E
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic