Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jeppesen 60 day free trial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeppesen 60 day free trial
    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm
I am having an IFD440 installed and am registering for the Jeppesen 60 day free trial, which comes with Terrain, Obstacles and NAV data.   Can someone who has done the 60 day free trial let me know what happens when the 60 days are up?  Will Terrain and Obstacles still be there?
Marilyn
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:57pm
Whatever databases you install are still there when the subscription expires. What happens when a subscription expires is that you can't download any updates. The IFD remains programmed with the last database you put on it. It gives a warning when you start it that the database is expired, but you can just proceed and the unit will use the old data.

FYO, the terrain database hasn't changed since about 2015!
Marilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 5:17pm
Thanks, Henry.  That's what I suspected.  Just wanted to confirm that I just need to order the NAV database after 60 days.  I'll update obstacles annually.
Marilyn
Marilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:54pm
Does anyone know if the 60 day free trial includes the data for the IFD100 app?
Marilyn
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:57pm
The IFD100 uses the same subscription as the panel mount IFDs, so it should be covered by the 60 day offer..
Marilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 8:35pm
Well, I log in to the IFD100 with my Jeppesen credentials.  I am then presented with a message: “1 new device allowed.  The mobile device needs to be activated.”  So, login to my.Jeppesen.com and click Manage Devices and get a perpetual spinning clock. I’ll call Jeppesen tomorrow. 
Marilyn
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 10:51pm
To activate your device, touch “activate” in the lower right corner of the IFD100 screen.  You don’t need to go into JDM.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Marilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 1:41pm
Thanks so much, Steve.  I never noticed the Activate link on the bottom.  I'm up and running.  Now if I could just come up with a place to mount this 2nd iPad, I would be really happy.  :-)
Marilyn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic