Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lost SVS Tab after 10.2.6.1 update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost SVS Tab after 10.2.6.1 update
    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:17pm
Title say it all. After updating to the latest for my IFD440, I no longer have my SVS tab on the MAP page.  

Is there something else I need to do? Avionics shop did update. Shop already closed when I noticed it missing.

I know there used to be a small file, is it automatic with the latest update?

Thanks
David
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:30am
Somehow your IFD lost the corresponding paid option.  You'll have to get with tech support (or have your shop do it) to get the option restored.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:23pm
Oh man.  I need to double-check that!  We did my update Saturday.
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:49pm
Following up.....

My SVS tab is still there!!
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
Got it back. Shop just had to redo the file that activates SVS. The update screwed it up for some reason.
Also, screwed up my Stratus setup. Worked fine till updat, now can't connect on Stratus network. Works fine on LIO_WIFI

Argghh always something.
David
AndyMeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:48pm
Is there a way to turn off the SVS tab on the 540? I hate accidentally ending up on a page that I don't see helping me.

Thanks!

Andy
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 9:15am
Originally posted by AndyMeyer AndyMeyer wrote:

Is there a way to turn off the SVS tab on the 540? I hate accidentally ending up on a page that I don't see helping me.

Thanks!

Andy
Yes, you can call tech support and have them send you a DSF to remove the F500 option.  If you do that, however, you'll also lose FLTA alerts.  I wouldn't recommend it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Bonnell65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnell65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 6:27pm
Avisteve
Have 440 running 10.2.3
About a year ago, lost SVS tab unexpectedly after it was there for a year. Thought it was related to database update. Evidently not. Updated databases. Getting LPV approaches, so I am assuming SBAS is good. BUT, no SVS…and…Trio AP needs GPSV for vertical on approaches.  Not getting it. Seems this is related to SVS dropping. Help!  Thanks!
Bonnell65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnell65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 6:34pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 9:09am
How did you manage to get the SVS option on and the F500 option off?  SVS does nothing on a 440.  F500 will enable the SVS tab on the Map page.  You'll need to call tech support and have them send you a DSF to reset your options.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Bonnell65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnell65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 11:40am
Thanks Steve!  And I have NO idea!
saratogahp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saratogahp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:41pm
Any updates from adopters of the 10.2.6.1 update?   I read only one user with an issue.  Any resolution or suggestions?  My A&P happy to sign behind, showing him the steps meticulously done, and settings before and after identical.  Ez enough.....in theory.  Unsure how stable this one was.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic