Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Avidyne Disconnected from Foreflight"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Avidyne Disconnected from Foreflight"
    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:07pm
On a 2 1/2 hour flight today, I got this message on Foreflight 3 times.

The only impact I saw was that I couldn't transfer changes in my flight plan from one device to the other.

It's the first time this has happened - any thoughts on troubleshooting?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:54am
Almost certain to be an iThingie issue. Did you try rebooting?

* Orest
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:20pm
No, I didn't.

After further research there's an Avidyne Service Bulletin to replace a card controlling the WiFi connection.

That should take care of it. 
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:44am
Can you share the service bulletin info here?
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:42am
I too had been having the same problem using a Stratus 2s in remote mode. I started having all kinds of other Stratus problems such as saying "no towers" when the light was green on the Stratus, also had the attitude that woudn't stay showing straight and level. I did a factory reset on the 2s and it worked for about an hour, then the same issues emerged.

I traded that one for a Stratus 3 and now with a new SSID, I can't get my top 440 to accept the new ID. Now matter how many times I try, the the old SSID remains after I change it.  I gave up on it and changed the bottom 440 to match the SSID shown on the Stratus, changed the password to abcdef1234 in Foreflight to match what is the default in the 440 and it won't connect.  Has anyone had luck just removing both the SSID and password in the Stratus and 440?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:46am
The problem where the SSID would not save is a known problem, but it is fixed in 10.2.6.1.

The problem is induced by having a PIN defined.  If you don't want to update to 10.2.6.1, you can contact tech support and they'll send you a file to clear the PIN.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:59pm
Got the file, changed the SSID, now I'm linked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic