Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.2.6.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Release 10.2.6.1
    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 4:18pm
Release 10.2.6.1 is now available.  Here are the release notes:

• Adds additional support for declination/magvar in GAMA 429
  • Changes phrasing of NGT Advisory
  • Resolves Datalink configuration problems
  • Resolves BT Freq Swap Key Hold does not set Guard frequency
  • Allows changes to persist when setting PIN in MX Mode
  • Fix to 429 declination label to show declination waypoint
  • Improve reception of ADS-B Data
  • VSR not computed for at-or-above when aircraft is above the altitude
  • Fixes incorrect ATC code transmission to NGT9000R transponders
You can request the software update from this knowledge base article.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Decibel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decibel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 8:37am
Hi Steve, after watching the video provided with your link It says that it only can be done by authorized personnel, I just my IFD installed and they installed as is and did not install the new software version. Will I have to fly at my avionic shop for every up date like that? 

Edited by Decibel - 29 Mar 2021 at 9:16am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Decibel Decibel wrote:

Hi Steve, after watching the video provided with your link It says that it only can be done by authorized personnel, I just my IFD installed and they installed as is and did not install the new software version. Will I have to fly at my avionic shop for every up date like that? 
Regardless of who physically loads the software, the upgrade must be signed off by authorized personnel with an appropriate repair station authorization or repairman certificate.  There are plenty of users who do the upgrade under the supervision of someone with said authorization who will then sign off upon completion.

So if you only have access to someone with signoff authority when you are at your avionics shop, then I would say that you need to fly to the shop for the update.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Decibel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decibel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 10:01am
Thank you Steve for the reply, in that case can I skip few updates or it needs to be done regularly? 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 10:10am
Yeah, if your system is working fine and you don't think you would benefit from any of the features of this release, then it would be fine to skip it.  I would recommend upgrading when major releases come out, but since this is a minor release, use your own judgement.

If you use an NGT9000R, though, I would definitely install 10.2.6.1

Edited by AviSteve - 29 Mar 2021 at 10:11am
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Decibel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decibel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Thanks a lot
Speedbird1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 12:25pm
I noticed that in the Service Bulletin it mentions 'VHF manufacturing yield improvements'.

What does this mean in layman's terms?

TIA!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Speedbird1 Speedbird1 wrote:

I noticed that in the Service Bulletin it mentions 'VHF manufacturing yield improvements'.

What does this mean in layman's terms?

TIA!
Some low level chip configurations were changed that allowed the manufacturing process to be more efficient.  It's not something you'll ever notice or care about.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:05am

Does this mean it fixes the problem?  I noticed that flying an approach, it does not give me the VSR for the next fix.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by cavu cavu wrote:

Does this mean it fixes the problem?  I noticed that flying an approach, it does not give me the VSR for the next fix.
Yes, the problem was fixed.  VSR is inhibited, though, on ILS, LPV, and some LNAV/VNAV approaches.  it's also inhibited on final regardless of the kind of approach.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:30pm
I have to go to the shop to have my 540 re-flashed due to a software glitch that developed with a chart install.  Will I have to go to 10.2.6.1 after this or can I stay where I am now?  Is the improvement in ADS-B reception noticeable enough that there’s a benefit to the new release.  None of the other features would do much for me. 
commedian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commedian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 10:56am
How do I get the following document? It's listed in the instructions for this upgrade and the A&P doing the upgrade asked me to find it. 

• 600-00299-000 IFD5XX IFD4XX Installation Manual - Rev 22 or greater
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I have to go to the shop to have my 540 re-flashed due to a software glitch that developed with a chart install.  Will I have to go to 10.2.6.1 after this or can I stay where I am now?  Is the improvement in ADS-B reception noticeable enough that there’s a benefit to the new release.  None of the other features would do much for me. 
If it comes back to Avidyne, it will get latest software.  If the work is being done at the shop, just have them work with tech support to keep the software version you're on.

The ADS-B fixes improve performance, but based on other reports in the forum, it's still not perfect.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by commedian commedian wrote:

How do I get the following document? It's listed in the instructions for this upgrade and the A&P doing the upgrade asked me to find it. 

• 600-00299-000 IFD5XX IFD4XX Installation Manual - Rev 22 or greater
Give tech support a call, or have your installer call.  They can get it to you.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
bobcain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:49am
I have a pair of IFD440’s and both presented same error when running conforming program during update from 10.2.4.1 They show error at ACR 9S12 #2 App with red checksum. 

A reply from tech support acknowledged the issue and offered a resolution that provided the same results.

Misery loves company, so thought maybe someone had same issue with resolution. 

One thing that came to mind just recently is that I never did enter a PIN. Maybe that is expected?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:28am
Red checksum isn't affected by PIN.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
bobcain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Thanks, Steve.  At least that's one thing it's not. :)
dopolinsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dopolinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 6:56pm
What is a declination waypoint?

I have an occasional dropout of the waypoint identifier on the Avidyne Entegra PFD in my Cirrus.  Tech support has never been able to explain this.

Is "declination waypoint" a waypoint name transmitted over ARIC to other screens on board?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:23am
I'm not aware of such a term.  "Declination" is a technical term for magnetic variation.  A waypoint has an associated declination simply because there is a mag var associated with the lat/lon of that waypoint.  But it's not termed a "declination waypoint".

I'm not sure what any of that would have to do with the PFD not showing a waypoint identifier.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dopolinsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dopolinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 1:07pm
I asked about "declination waypoint" because one of the bullets of the 10.2.6.1 release notes reads:

• Fix to 429 declination label to show declination waypoint
I was wondering if this has something to do with my malfunction where I periodically loose the name of the waypoint on my PFD, while it is displayed on my MFD, but not the bearing and not the distance.  It is a weird hard to explain malfunction, unless there is more to a waypoint ID than just letters and I am starting to wonder if a waypoint is more than just letters and coordinates for this type of sophisticated equipment. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:18pm
LOL, that'll teach me to copy/paste without proofreading.  Give me a second to wipe the egg off of my face :)

There was one fix that had two parts and somehow those got translated into two separate bullets in the list (that weren't even next to each other). The fixes both involved the GAMA Graphics output.  

First, off route waypoints (i.e. nearest airports and navaids) were sent with no mag var.  The fix was to send the mag var associated with the waypoint.  For airports, that's local mag var.  For VORs, it's the published declination.

Second, when the IFD was in OBS mode, the IFD always sent local mag var.  Now, when the active leg terminates at a VOR, the IFD will send the published VOR declination.

The fixes would only affect systems that receive the GAMA Graphics output and use the mag var in OBS mode.  Not all systems use that mag var.

These fixes wouldn't have any effect on the active waypoint identifier.  The active waypoint identifier, time and distance to go are all output on separate labels.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 7:02am
Steve,  can we get a list of updates for 10.3 in the 10.3 thread?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Gring Gring wrote:

Steve,  can we get a list of updates for 10.3 in the 10.3 thread?
I'll start a new thread with the release notes once 10.3 is released.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:36am
Steve, reword the request.  Can we get a succinct list of the features/fixes you've already mentioned publicly?
Jim Patton
saratogahp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saratogahp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by bobcain bobcain wrote:

Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Thanks, Steve.  At least that's one thing it's not. :)

Were you able to get the update for 10.2.6.1 'fixed'?  Did it allow you go roll back to a previous version?  

Edited by saratogahp - 02 Dec 2021 at 9:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic