Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Request: Add Audio Panel to IFD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request: Add Audio Panel to IFD
    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:26pm
I can report from personal experience, as I had a Garmin 750 with remote audio panel and remote transponder in a previous plane. Long story short, I would NEVER do it again, especially audio panel was acting up. I now have my beloved PS systems audio panel (also OEM for Avidyne) and will never ever again use anything else. It works.
And I have dual transponders, one a UAT which is operated via my Aspen, and the other the Lynx 9000 which is finally a transponder with significant added value, and has diversity too, which I believe will come to many places as a requirement due to ADS-B via satellite. And my IFD540, which is the right size for a FMS.
Imagine your GPS acts up and you have neither audio panel nor transponder and are thus grounded...
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 9:31am
My opinion is that this would be putting too many eggs in one basket. If one of the elements is inop for whatever reason and/or needs to be removed, the entire aircraft is AOG.
Vince
310pilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 310pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 4:18pm
Would be a perfect addition to your remote mounted product line.
IFD could be the one central control for audio panel , GPS and transponder.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic