Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dual 440's and CrossSynch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual 440's and CrossSynch
    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:08pm
What are the pro's and cons of turning CrossSynch off? I see mostly pro's, e.g. maintaining a flight plan on one in GPS mode and using the other to determine time, fuel and distance to some off route fix (e.g. potential unplanned fuel stop). What are the downsides to turning it off? Also, how is this done? The POH only says it is done in maintenance mode but can't seem to find the setting? Any help is appreciated.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by zephyrus zephyrus wrote:

What are the pro's and cons of turning CrossSynch off? I see mostly pro's, e.g. maintaining a flight plan on one in GPS mode and using the other to determine time, fuel and distance to some off route fix (e.g. potential unplanned fuel stop). What are the downsides to turning it off? Also, how is this done? The POH only says it is done in maintenance mode but can't seem to find the setting? Any help is appreciated.
I wouldn't be too quick to turn off CrossSync for you stated purpose. If you look on the AUX - UTIL - Calculators tab you will find Fuel Planner and Trip Planner calculators that do just that. You can change the type of each planner if necessary to "Present Pos" and enter the non-autofilled information for direct fuel and time calculations.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic