Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dual IFD database update requirements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rallylancer122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual IFD database update requirements
    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm
Hi Guys, 

I recently bought a plane with an IFD 540/440 combo.  Do I need to actually do database updates on both units,  or can I just keep one current and not use the other for navigation that requires a current database? 

I realize this is a cheapskate question....but turns out I'm a cheapskate!  (Actually the combo is way more capability than I need. I never use the 440.)
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:53pm
Well, in the very least, I think that the flightplans will not synchronize if the databases don't match.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Oct 2020 at 10:54pm
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:46am
If you're using the IFD100, that database must match the IFD 540/440 database.
Thus if you want the IFD100 to be able to be used with both, they must both be updated.
If you just want to use the 440 as backup, you don't need to update the DB, but then you
either need to leave your IFD100 with the old 440-matching database, or update it and
use it only with the 540.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic