Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 will not save WiFi setting for Sentry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD440 will not save WiFi setting for Sentry
    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 9:17pm
Problem:   Created WiFi for a Sentry ADSB and created it as a "Remote WiFi" in the 440.  Settings will not save.

I have entered the PIN and 440 shows the PIN as correct., showing the PIN above the box that I enter it in and in the box.

Manuals are outdated with new software
Install manual does not reference the use of a PIN

Once I enter all of the Sentry WiFi information;

• Manual states that to save setting go to Utility Tab and press the DONE LSK
  • Called Customer support and they said to save changes by doing a Hard Reset by pressing the volume button and turning the unit off and back on.
I have tried both methods and any others that I  can think of.  When the unit comes back up all of the WiFi settings that had been entered are gone.

Does anyone have any ideas.  Cannot seem to get any answers from Customer Support.

Doug
eallevato View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eallevato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:39pm
Doug
When you finish editing, be sure to “un-cursor”, i.e. press the cursor button to make sure that the Blue box around the data field is gone. Then go to the utility tab and do the DONE LSK.

Gene
Gene
Dugkimball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:12pm
Gene,

Thanks for the idea but I have done that.  You can also roll forward to the next page which is for setting up a Bluetooth connection and roll back to the WIFI page and information is there but if you roll back a screen the information will be gone when you turn back to WIFI page.

Doug
Slairson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slairson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:54am
I had to call avidyne and get a file that resets the pin to default. Thereby removing a pin like when it is fresh from the factory. Then the IFD accepted the new WiFi settings. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:08pm
Doug was doing everything right.  We found an "undocumented, overzealous security feature" in maintenance mode that caused the network settings to not be saved even when the right PIN has been entered.  We'll remove that feature in the next release :)

Note that the use of a PIN is completely optional.  If you haven't set one, I'd suggest *not* setting one for now.  When you get to the PIN entry screen, you can just blow right past it.  If you have already set one and want to get rid of it, there is a DSF available to clear it.  As slairson said, you can contact tech support and they'll get it to you.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Dugkimball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 9:35pm
it’s fixed!!!!

Turned out to be a software glitch with the IFD 440.  Steve sent a software patch for temp fix and hopefully next update will have it resolved.

In the end, great customer service.

Doug
Bobynette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobynette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 9:44pm
I have the same problem, my IFD540 will not save the new wifi for using Sentry with my IFD and ForeFlight. Any suggestion to make it works?
Please help!

When I will get Sentry and IFD and iPad connected to the same network, will I be able to see the ADSB data on ForeFlight and transfer flight plans to the IFD at the same time?

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic