Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remote transponder with Garmin 330ES??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote transponder with Garmin 330ES??
    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 7:07pm
I recently installed IFD540’s in my plane and wanted to know if I can control the Garmin GTX 330ES transponder through the IFD 540. If so what is the configurations on both units?  
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 10:04pm
No, the connection to the Garmin is proprietary.

The IFD can control the remote Avidyne AXP-322, the remote Lynx 9000, and reportedly the upcoming Tail Beacon X.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 14 Jun 2020 at 12:47pm
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:12am
It would sure be nice to get some indication of the Avidyne release that would support the tail beacon, for planning purposes.

Some sort of control head will be needed for it. It would be silly and not cost effective to be forced to install an AV-20 or AV-30 just because the IFDs don‘t have support, especially if Avidyne comes out with a software update a month or two later that provides support.

One of the reasons we all have IFDs is Avidyne‘s ability to connect to non-G* equipment.

Edited by chflyer - 14 Jun 2020 at 3:47am
Vince
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 8:33am
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

It would be silly and not cost effective to be forced to install an AV-20 or AV-30 just because the IFDs don‘t have support, especially if Avidyne comes out with a software update a month or two later that provides support.

If I were a gambler, I'd bet 10 gallons of avgas that Avidyne's next major release will be out before the certificated AV-30 ships. I say that with no knowledge other than what's been posted here plus my own experience trying to get information from uAvionix about the AV-30s I preordered.

Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

One of the reasons we all have IFDs is Avidyne‘s ability to connect to non-G* equipment.
Amen to that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic