Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Configuring WiFi - confused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Configuring WiFi - confused
    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 12:22pm
When I go to the network config page it only shows LIO_WIFI even though my ads-b in box is on and received by ipad. It doesn't show my hangar wifi on there either. Is there something I need to change in setting for it to pick up remote wifi? I thought maybe a network name needed to be entered but it won't allow me to drop to a blank field to enter a name..thx for any help
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 10:09pm
Are you at the latest software release?  The previous one didn't allow for the remote WiFi.  If yes, then you have to set up a new WiFi source in config first.  If you are using a Stratus, you would enter Stratus and the SSID number as the name and set it to remote WiFi.  You should then have the option to select this on the AUX page setup tab on the Networking line.
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 7:53am
I have the latest software. My problem is I can’t get cursor to a blank field on the network config page. It will only light up and move on top line. When you first hit the network config page, does it already have active wifi signals like Stratus showing up on it or do you need to manually enter the wifi and and ssid underneath LIO. If so, how do you tab down there, i've tried various knob turns, button pushes and LSKs with no luck to get a cursor anywhere other than the top LIO line.

Edited by Flybuddy - 13 Jun 2020 at 1:21pm
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 1:50am
It does not detect wifi networks, you have to manually enter the Stratus SSID. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic