Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > TAS600 Systems and ADS-B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic device battery low message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bprion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic device battery low message
    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:17am
I have a TAS620 that displays traffic on my Garmin GTN750.

I constantly get this message - " TRAFFIC Traffic device battery low. Traffic device user config settings not saved"

My avionics shop says the 620 needs to be sent back to Avidyne for a battery replacement. The cost will be $2000 and it will take 2 weeks.

Is there a better solution to this problem?

Also, I remember there being an upgrade promised that would allow ADSB In with the TAS620. I signed up to be notified when that was going to be available but never heard from them. 
Does anyone have information as to what happened to that program?
Flying Falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:14pm
I have a TAS 610 and you can open the processor and replace the watch battery easily or have your avionics shop do it. 

Regarding the ADSB function last I heard you would have to replace the processor with the new configuration. I was told I could send them my old unit and upgrade for 5K, but that was 2 years ago.

My avionics shop did not recommend upgrading because if your navigator went bad you would have no display. I do have the old digital 1/3 ATI display so would still get a message and voice announcement of traffic - but not ADSB based.

If you find out any more info please let me know - good luck.

JEFF KING
bprion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bprion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:32pm
My avionics shop said that they could not replace the battery and that it would need to go back to Avidyne to have that done.

I signed up for the TAS to ADSB upgrade program many years ago before they were doing the actual upgrades. They offered to perform this when it became available and the cost was to be $2000.

I was able to get Avidyne to agree to honor this now and will get a new motherboard that does not have a battery to replace in the process.

I will have the TAS unit reinstalled in my aircraft next week and the issue should be resolved.  
Flying Falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:12pm
That sounds great
JEFF KING
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic