Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard
    Posted: 05 May 2020 at 12:58pm
is there a way to connect the keyboard to the training app?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:13pm
Not that I'm aware of.  It is a bluetooth device.  Have you tried to pair it with your IPad?  I've not heard of anyone using the keyboard with the IFD trainer.
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 8:07am
I tried this and it does work somewhat, but not with enough functionality to make it worthwhile as a training aid.
Stan
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:19pm
Works for me.  Connect the keyboard to the iPad and activate Bluetooth on the IFD trainer.
Bob
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:46am
Ok, a bit confused re connecting bluetooth keyboard to trainer.  We have some saying it can't be done...Bob says it can.

ON the real unit (IFD 440) you have to be in MX mode to set up and pair your keyboard.
According to Tom harper, we can use the keyboard in the trainer as well.  How?
When I try and go to MX mode on the trainer, it kicks me back to home screen. What am I missing here.

Can someone perhaps give a little more step by step to help.  I understand how to pair this keyboard on the unit. just not on my trainer. 

Bob you say connect my keyboard to the ipad. OK, when I try and pair the device, is it going to show as a keyboard...or something else.

I could probably spend a bit and figure things out, but I don't want to mess anything up if possible either.

Thanks for any further insight please.

I am trying to set up so I can use my trainer and IFD 100 on 2 ipads to practice, and get used to the keyboard functions.

Wishing each and every one a Blessed Memorial Day.

Also, I'm charging my bluetooth keyboard, do we know the approximate time it takes to fully charge?

Best,
David
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:54am
Hi David,

I'm headed out the door, but here is a quick reply.  It shows up as Avidyne BT Keyboard.  To get to the Bluetooth option on the trainer or IFD, go to AUX --> SETUP --> User Options.  You will then see an option in the list for activating Bluetooth.
Bob
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:44am
David,

These would be the instructions.
1. Make sure you have bluetooth "ON" in the settings for your IFD trainer
2. Pair the keyboard to the IPad:
            1. Turn the keyboard on with the side switch.
            2.Put the keyboard into pairing mode by pressing the button on the back on the keyboard.               
            3.Go to your IPad>>settings>>bluetooth page and you should see the Avidyne keyboard listed at the bottom (if you put the keyboard into pairing mode.)
            4.Tap the Avidyne selection and it will give you a 4 digit number to enter on the keyboard.
            5.Put  this 4 digit number into the keyboard and hit enter. 
            6. You should be all set to use the keyboard with the trainer.
            7.  When you start the trainer, be sure to "allow" bluetooth by touching the allow (Assuming you have bluetooth turned on in settings, you should get this question.

Good luck.

Edited by teeth6 - 25 May 2020 at 10:45am
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:14pm
Perfect!!! Thank You Everyone for your kind assistance.

May each of you have a Blessed Memorial day

Best,
David
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:45pm
When you pair the keyboard to the iPad, do you have to re-pair it with the IFD when you go flying?

If you pair it to the same iPad you use in the plane, do you need to make the iPad forget the keyboard so it connects to the IFD rather than the iPad? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic