Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Resetting the Fuel Level After Refueling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lautensack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resetting the Fuel Level After Refueling
    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:35am
First time poster here.

I have a new IFD 540 installed with the EI 30 Combo engine analyzer.
I love them, they are amazing.

I’m wondering how to reset the fuel total on the IFD 540 when I refuel?

The EI registers full tanks but that doesn’t feed to the 540.

Thanks,

Pete
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:03am
I'm not familiar with the EI devices, but you might want to recheck the config settings on both the EI and the IFD.

I have a JPI EDM incl FF, and when I set the new total after refuelling it appears automatically on the IFD. But the wiring and config needs to be correct on both.
Vince
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:15am
The fuel data should be passed from the EI device to the IFD. I have this exact same setup (EI CGR30P feeding an IFD540) and get fuel and range data shown both on the CGR and the IFD.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 2:50pm
I have an EI FP-5L connected to an IFD540 in my plane. Whenever I reset the fuel level in the FP-5L, the IFD reflects whatever the FP-5L thinks is in the plane.

I don't think I can do anything in the IFD to affect its readings coming from the fuel flow instrument. Those readings are maintained by the fuel flow instrument and passed to the IFD. 
Phidoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phidoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:24am
Originally posted by paulr paulr wrote:

The fuel data should be passed from the EI device to the IFD. I have this exact same setup (EI CGR30P feeding an IFD540) and get fuel and range data shown both on the CGR and the IFD.

I also have the same setup: CGR30P/IFD540/fuel flow meter with no connection to fuel level transmitters in the fuel tanks.

The CGR receives raw pulses from the fuel flow meter. The flow meter sends a pulse with the passing of each “x” gallons (x is a very small number). Using the K factor (configured in the CGR30P), the CGR30P calculates (‘totalizes’) the quantity of fuel passed through the fuel flow meter. It subtracts that totalized value from a total fuel value to calculate a Fuel Remaining value. Whenever fuel is added, I must change the value in the CGR30P so that its a Fuel Remaining value is accurate. The data is sent from the CGR30P to the IFD540. From the IFD540’s perspective, it is ‘read-only’, meaning that the values cannot be modified on the IFD540 and sent back to the CGR30P.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic