Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Existing Flight Plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Existing Flight Plan
    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 10:41am
I'm going along on a flight plan and somewhere along the way I need to divert.  Easiest way to do so is to go 'Direct'.  Works fine but the IFD still has all the old waypoints along with the prior destination.  Is there an easy way to clear out the current plan, then enter the 'Direct'?
------------
dave
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 12:34pm
In the FMS | Route tab, select the Current Route, the pushing CLR will delete it after a confirmation.

But, why bother deleting it. Just tag the DCT-to at the bottom of the route.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 19 Dec 2019 at 12:35pm
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:09pm
The Map page is fine doing as you suggest (DCT at the bottom).  FMS can be a bit of a mess with waypoints no longer needed and accidental scrolling while handflying in IMC makes the accident happen more than I like.  Ask me how I know....
------------
dave
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:22pm
A power tip shortcut on the IFD units ...

A quick turn (one way or the other) of the right large knob will jump quickly between your ORIGIN, the current active waypoint, and your final waypoint, and back. Can be very handy, might be helpful with this.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 19 Dec 2019 at 1:23pm
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

A power tip shortcut on the IFD units ...

A quick turn (one way or the other) of the right large knob will jump quickly between your ORIGIN, the current active waypoint, and your final waypoint, and back. Can be very handy, might be helpful with this.

* Orest

Great Tip.

While flying a couple of nights ago, I was scrolling back to the the active waypoint from the bottom of the route and was thinking "It sure would be nice if there was a quick way to get back to the active waypoint."  Now I need to go fly again so I can try it out.  :) 

Thanks.
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 2:24pm
I’m probably doing something wrong but this only works for me in FMS mode.  In Map mode, both inner and outer knobs zoom the map.
------------
dave
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 2:29pm
That is correct. In Map mode, it zooms in and out. 
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 5:21pm
needed to divert just the other day. 
On the FMS FPL tab, insert a new waypoint after the current one being used. 
Select the newly added waypoint by tapping on the screen and it will highlight as selected then push go direct. 
Forget about the rest of the old flight plan it is irrelevant. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic