Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Track Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larryo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track Up
    Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 9:46pm
Avidyne,

Please consider "track up" as an option on the MFDs (500, 600, etc). 

That has been the industry standard for years and really needs to be an option for your MFDs. Any chance of getting that?

I see that it WILL be an option on the new 540.... great job. 

Larryo
FlyingLester View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingLester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:39am
Thanks for your feedback.  I agree that Track Up orientation is a useful presentation method for MFDs. It is already on our list of candidate features for future MFD releases.
Larryo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larryo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm
Lester,

That's GREAT! Keep us posted.

Another small request for us older guys is an option to increase the font size for some of the items. Not huge but certainly helpful. Thanks.
Larryo
Larryo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larryo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Larryo Larryo wrote:

Lester,

That's GREAT! Keep us posted.

Another small request for us older guys is an option to increase the font size for some of the items. Not huge but certainly helpful. Thanks.

Lester,

It's been a few years... any progress?
Larryo
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 9:37am
Short answer = No, not any progress to report on adding Track Up or larger font to the EX500/600/5000 MFDs.   We're full out on the autopilots, ADS-B products and IFD540 and 440 units and have not made adding new features to the legacy MFDs a priority at this point.

I agree that both are great ideas (and both exist on the IFD series) but I don't see it in the cards for the legacy gear anytime soon.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Larryo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larryo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 11:22am
Jake,

Thx for at least keeping it on the back burner, still would be nice at some point in time.

I've found heading up so irritating that I disabled the heading input for a better display. Just don't have the radar overlay. Oh well.....

Larryo
Larryo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic