Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD550 Right Side DATA Tabs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBirdPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD550 Right Side DATA Tabs
    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 9:31pm
Hi, need some help configuring the right side DATA Tabs on my new to me IFD550.  The only DATA tab, to slide the data block from hide to view, is on the MAP page, but not on either of the SVS Pages.  I got use to having them while training with the IFD Simulator, so it's somewhat aggravating during approaches having to switch back and fourth from the SVS to the MAP page to see the right side Date Block info.
I'm sure it's just something easy, but it's eluding me.

RBP
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:03pm
I believe that came with 10.2.3.1. What software version do you have on the IFD?
RedBirdPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBirdPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:19pm
I'll check tomorrow to verify.  I purchased it and it shipped from Avidyne to my installer in Mid May of this year.  Pretty sure it has the latest software version, but I'll check.
RBP
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:48am
If there are no data blocks on the SVS page,  it is probably not the latest software version as has already been mentioned.
RedBirdPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBirdPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:32pm
Well yes,  you both were correct and thank you for you help!  S/W Ver: 10.2.2.0.A showing on the screen.  I know somewhere in the paperwork I seen where Avidyne tested the unit before it shipped to my Dealer and thought I seen the latest version number then.   

Makes me wonder if the dealer installed an older software version to get something else to work with the IFD550, like the Free Flight Ranger receiver? 

Please tell me that I can up date the software myself without having to go back to the installer.

RBP
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:38pm
It is NOT an easy straightforward update as previous ones were.   Avidyne highly recommends a dealer do it but some have done it on their own at their own risk. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic