Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Touch screen failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touch screen failure
    Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 7:48am
my IFD 540 touch screen failed to operate after flying to Destin yesterday.  Got in to come home and it wouldn’t work. Rebooted, same result.  I was able to do everything with push buttons except drag the data into view from the right side of the screen.  I am hoping for it to work after starting today.  Any experiences with this.  Am I going to have to send it in?
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Warrenwhis Warrenwhis wrote:

my IFD 540 touch screen failed to operate after flying to Destin yesterday.  Got in to come home and it wouldn’t work. Rebooted, same result.  I was able to do everything with push buttons except drag the data into view from the right side of the screen.  I am hoping for it to work after starting today.  Any experiences with this.  Am I going to have to send it in?
You can get the datablocks to show or be hidden by pressing and holding the left or right side of the page function rocker switch.
Bob
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 9:12am
One item to check is that the touchscreen wasn't inadvertently turned off. Touch Screen ON/OFF is a per user profile selectable option in AUX-SETUP-User Options. 

Edited by dmtidler - 08 Sep 2019 at 9:12am
Capt.Caveman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.Caveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:54pm
I had the same issue with a 550 last flight...it worked when i parked the plane and didn't when i left 2 hours later...found it was off in the settings. I turned it back on and works fine now.

Warrenwhis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:56am
Problem fixed.  I had failed to notice the option.  It is the first one listed making it easy to inadvertently touch when the Aux pave comes up
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:03am
The Touch Screen ON/OFF option moves down one line after Zoom Mode with software 10.2.3.1.
SteveMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 11:11pm
I had the OP's issue occur today: started up the 540, got the lawyer page, pushed Enter button, then the database page. When I tapped Proceed, nothing. Tried restarting several times. Contacted installer and Avidyne. They had me check the Touch Screen setting, but it is On. So, another RMA to replace the unit, which was installed about three weeks ago after the previous one failed in Florida (possibly lightning or rain). Bummer. I have less than 20 hours on this one, which was a refurbished unit drop-shipped to me overnight (great customer service there).

I will definitely buy the extended warranty again!

Fortunately, almost everything that can be done by touch can be done by buttons and knobs. I just have to remember how to do the things I usually do by touch. This forum told me how to show/hide the datablocks on Map page, and Map on FMS page. (The manual doesn't seem to mention how to show/hide them with buttons.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic