Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dest along track nuance, suggested improvement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dest along track nuance, suggested improvement
    Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:01pm
When flying a practice approach today, my safety pilot and I noticed that the TkDist in the Dest Along Track Info box was significantly short of the actual distance to the airport.

Although the box title says destination, the manual states "total distance to destination along the remaining flight plan legs".  For my approach today, the MAP is 5 miles short of the airport so that is why the TkDist was short, it was to the MAP (the remainder of the approach in the flight plan), not the airport.

I'd like to suggest that the distance in this box should be to the actual destination assuming you flew direct from the MAP to the airport so that you can maintain the "along track" feature up to the MAP.

I don't see the value of using the MAP for the distance calculation for the destination since you'll have that distance info in your To Waypoint and Next Waypoint info boxes, and it would be nice to actually have distance info to the actual destination.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic