Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > AXP340/322 ADS-B Transponder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

340 AD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 340 AD
    Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:36am
I was just glancing at this months Cessna Flyer and noticed an AD notice for 340's, it is limited to specific serial numbers, so is there a way short of pulling the 340 out of my panel to find my serial number? Thanks in advance...
Sauce
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:43am
The AD only applies to units that are mounted with the front plate facing forward (and would slide out in a forward direction) perhaps in a rear avionics tray, rather than the typical mounting position in the pilot panel, facing rearward.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 Sep 2019 at 11:44am
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 10:10am
Well, it is a very limited number, and I appear to be in that group of serial numbers according to my avionics tech. He says we have to pull it out and send it in. The only good thing is the 90 days to accomplish it. It will be late fall by then and no more flying.
Sauce
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:50am
You have your 340 mounted forward or behind you? 
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by nrproces nrproces wrote:

Well, it is a very limited number, and I appear to be in that group of serial numbers ...

As both Tony and I are pointing out, the AD does not apply if you don't have the unusual forward facing installation, even if your unit falls in the serial number range.

* Orest

nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:42pm
remote. so yes it applies
Sauce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic