Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SDK "Getting Started" Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SDK "Getting Started" Help
    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 11:54am
I'm working on integrating my EFB of choice, Avare, with the IFD series. My goal is to be able to exchange flight plan information between the two.

I have had limited success with the example apps in the SDK. I've gotten the VHF Status app to work, but I'm getting errors building others. (Specifically MSCOREE.LIB missing.)

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Community. Is that the right tool? Any things I need to add or configs I need to tweak?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 6:48pm
It was originally complied using VS2005.  I just migrated WiFi Tier2 App to 2017 Community and it worked with no modifications.  Which projects are giving you difficulty?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
vancinad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:14am
Hi Steve. I was having trouble almost across the board with a missing MSCOREE.LIB. (I was able to get the VHFStatus example working, so the problem is not universal, but it is broad.)

I think I may have told VS Studio to retarget the solution for Windows 10, so I'm downloading the Win 8.1 SDK and will try again.

If you have any immediate suggestions please pass them along. Otherwise I'll try again after I've got SDK 8.1 installed and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks!
fdorrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdorrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 1:45pm
Hello - I'm looking to get started with the SDK so that I can develop an application to download data while in flight - wirelessly.  Can you help get me started by pointing me to the appropriate documentation.  I'd prefer to use my MAC for this, but also have a window computer available. I'm an experienced developer and intend this for personal use only.  Thanks in advance. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 8:29pm
I'll send you an email with the form.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 10:24pm
fyi .. i’ve been able to use the SDK (tier 1) to talk to the IFD successfully, and my development is on linux .. 

both x86 and ARM processors .. (raspberry pi) .. 

the SDK comes with samples for visual studio .. so i had to sort out the compiler settings for the gnu compiler .. 

only thing worth mentioning there is that you need to build the SDK and your app as a 32 bit application.  —. 

.. not a big deal .. but without this bit of info all the data just looks like garbage..

Edited by ricardo - 19 Sep 2023 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic