Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Approaches not showing all waypoints..?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Approaches not showing all waypoints..?
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:10am
IFD540 question - Shot some approaches the other day and when I loaded the approaches none of the waypoints showed up in the FMS- I think only the missed was shown.  I'm not sure as it threw me for a loop and we punched in waypoints manually. They were all non-precision approaches.  I thought maybe the display was in COMPACT so I toggled it past cursor and to EXPANDED or EXTENDED or whatever the option is called.  It still showed the same way.  I reloaded the approach and same thing.  On the second or third approach I think it started displaying all the fixes/waypoints.  I may have toggled the display mode again.  Had a lot going on and don't recall what may have triggered it to function properly. 

What would cause the IFD540 to not display the waypoints of an approach?

Possibly related- I had just updated the Nav database at the beginning of the flight.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:16am
What database cycle and coverage had you loaded?  What was the approach?  What else was in the flight plan when you entered the approach?

I know those may be hard to remember after the fact, so if you want to send me your logs I can look through them for an explanation.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:48am
Did you select vectors to final?  That may be part of the problem.
Flying_Monkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

What database cycle and coverage had you loaded?  What was the approach?  What else was in the flight plan when you entered the approach?

I know those may be hard to remember after the fact, so if you want to send me your logs I can look through them for an explanation.

I just loaded the most recent database cycle for western US. (not sure exactly what the region is called)  The approach was GPS08 into KIZA.  Before that I had  KWHP One Departure Procedure and the ILS 25 to KOXR loaded.  On the iPad sim the only way I am able to recreate the problem is to choose COMPACT view. But in flight I am positive I cycled through the view options with no change.  I won't be able to get back to the plane for about a week but can try to send logs at that time.  Thank you!

I also noticed that nothing beyond the IAF for the ILS shows up on the map for the ILS approach.  This is not the issue I posted about and I think this particular behavior is normal since it behaves the same way on the iPad sim.  I assume it is because you cannot use the GPS navigation on an ILS past the IAF?  The legs do not display on the map and the next waypoint details are blank.  The legs are only depicted on the map once you are actually on them.  In the pilot guide I think it does intimate something to this effect for Localizer based approaches...

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:20pm
I just tried it here and everything looked OK.  I'm running 10.2.3.1 - are you on that release too?  Send me the logs when you get a chance.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic