Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10.2.3.1 - Lost my transponder!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10.2.3.1 - Lost my transponder!
    Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:37am
Found it on flight radar of all places!
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:29am
The Mode S hex code is on the FAA website under your tail number.

Edited by Gring - 18 Aug 2019 at 9:30am
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:59am
Excellent thanks.  Anyone know where I can find my hex code real quick.  We have to do all this on the road.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:59pm

Below are my settings, obviously you have to enter your own Hex Code.

Edited by oskrypuch - 18 Aug 2019 at 12:00am
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:52pm
The settings for the remote AXP322 get RESET with the update to 10.2.3.1.

Just go into the maintenance menu, and reenter them.

The only other thing I needed to reenter (not on the transponder page) was the GPS height.

* Orest

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
If it worked prior to the update, then you should check the IFD configuration 

Check RS-232 Port Configuration (Page 2) you should know which RS232 channel it is connected to
Channel Input: AXP322
Channel Output: AXP322

Remote XPDR Configuration (Page 12)
This page will configure the Avidyne AXP322 Remote transponder. . Please note; it may take up to 3 minutes to update the transponder configuration after changing a parameter below. 
Hex Code: Enter the aircraft's Mode S Address issued by the registration authority. This code must be entered as a hexadecimal value.
A/C Width: Enter the aircraft's width in meters
A/C Length: Enter the aircraft's length in meters
GPS Lin. Offset: Enter the distance from the front of the aircraft to the GPS antenna in meters
1090 MHz Receiver: Enter "Yes" if the aircraft is equipped with 1090 MHz ADS-B In receiver
UAT Receiver: Enter "Yes" if the aircraft is equipped with UAT ADS-B In receiver
Squat Input: For ADS-B out compliance, a squat switch is required for automatically selecting the transponder air or ground mode of operation. For aircraft without a squat switch, connect the squat switch input of the transponder to P1001 pin 8 of one of the IFD5XX/IFD4XX for IFD‟s with software 10.0.0 or higher. In either case, set the transponder to “Avidyne” when performing the squat switch setup.
A/C Class: Enter the aircraft category
A/C Speed: Enter the aircraft speed
GPS Lat. Offset: Enter the lateral distance in meters for the GPS antenna

Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 4:10pm
updated my ifds and now my transponder seems to be stuck in standby mode.  It is the avidyne remote transponder that I control with the ifd.  When I type in a code and tap alt or anything it goes to standby.  Atc could not see my ads b or my squawk code.  I pulled the breaker twice in flight and tried everything I know.  We continued the flight into Asheville and we are departing tomorrow.  Anyone know of anything simple I can do to fix it?  Will Asheville let me depart?  Do i need to call them 1 hour before departure and request permission to depart?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic