Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD-100 Features

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD-100 Features
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:02am
I could just fire up the app to answer this.... but maybe someone here knows and could chime in.

Can the IFD-100 be set up to exactly duplicate what is shown on the 540/550 screen?

I want to use it in the back seat of a T-34 where I am giving dual to the owner on the 550 but cannot see it.    Sounds like a great application for the -100 if it will do this.

Bill Hale
BH
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:02pm
I can duplicate the settings for the various data blocks and such, but I don't think I can keep the IFD100 in sync with the IFD540. If I change a view in the 540, the 100 stays wherever it was. For example, I can start both say in the Map view, but then I can change one device to a flight plan view, without affecting what the other device shows. 

This is actually a benefit, because it expands the features and functions I can see compared to just mirroring what the other device is showing. 
wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 1:27pm
Well, OK, from the IFD-100 can I cause it to sync?   Sounds like maybe not.

BH
BH
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 1:42pm
It does sync in the sense that whatever is entered on the 100 also shows up on the IFD, and visa versa.  I believe the point being made is that the 100 and IFD can independently view different pages, e.g., map view on one and fms view on the other (and any number of other combinations).  So the only syncing needed in that regard is to know which page your student is currently viewing if you want to see the same thing, or telling your student which page to select if you're wanting to illustrate a particular point on that view.

Edited by AZ Flyer - 15 Jul 2019 at 1:45pm
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:48pm
I think the point here is to be able to see button pushes and actions the student is taking while using the IFD100 in the back seat. It will not do that.
Bob
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
Actually, it will do that provided you are both viewing the same page.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:18pm
Anything you set on one IFD will also be set on the other one, but you can't force a specific page to show on the other device. The settings are synchronized, but not what page is displayed. 
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 12:34pm
Also, be aware that on the Map page, map tab, that you can have 3 different views; North Up, Track or Heading Up centered, and Track or Heading up arc.  The display of Track or Heading up is dependent on the User Settings that you selected for this on the IFD.

So the IFD in the panel could be showing North Up and the IFD-100 cold be showing Heading or Track up arc.

Press bottom right button on the panel mounted IFD to change map views.  On the IFD-100 touch the Heading Box at the top of the Map page, map tab to switch between map views (I think).
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic