Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chart update in ERROR state

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chart update in ERROR state
    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 10:01pm
OK, my mistake and the voltage dropped* whilst doing this weeks update on the 540.

On powering up again, there was a message that the chart update didn't complete successfully, and retrying the update process just gets to the same state as before (the update goes into ERROR state just after hitting 10% complete).

Reasonably enough, the charts are now unusable

Anyone know how I resolve this (the manual has the rather frightening statement that ".. a service action may be required..") - we were planning to leave for Osh in 12 days time, and there's not going to be a chance to get to a dealer even it they have an available booking before then

EDIT: Software level 10.2.3.1

* Dual batteries, but ground power only supplements #1 - I had #2 selected

Edited by Awful Charlie - 01 Jul 2019 at 6:08am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 9:52am
What is the exact error message?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Awful Charlie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 10:10am
Thanks Steve

Does this help?  I took a log download too before shutting down (although to the untrained eye, there doesn't appear to be anything significant in the event log)
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 10:45am
Darn, nothing really to be gleaned from that message :(  Send me your event log anyway and the charts DSF from your USB stick (slindsley at avidyne dot com)
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 11:19am
Thanks Steve - sent
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:20pm
Charlie, I hate to say it but I think it will need some service.  If the unit loses power during the "write" phase of a chart install, it will be locked in that state and will not update charts again until a reinstall of software.   (Don't ask me how I know)
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:24pm
Sorry, looks like the file system is corrupted, so you'll need to have it serviced.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:35pm
Oh dear, that is really, really disappointing :-(

Thanks for the input Steve and teeth6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic