Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intermittent Wifi connection issues with IFD100 ap
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intermittent Wifi connection issues with IFD100 ap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intermittent Wifi connection issues with IFD100 ap
    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 3:51pm
I've had my IFD440 for just over a year now but have never really played around with the IFD100 app.  On a cross country this past weekend I decided to give it a try.  I made sure the databases were updated and the same as my IFD440.  I had IFD440 input into the settings for the IFD100 app.

My current setup is the IFD440 wifi is set to remote mode and my Stratus 2 acts as the hub.  I have maintained this setup since I had my 440 installed and I've never had any issues with the stability of this wifi network when flying.  I run Foreflight as well and it always stays connected to the network with no disconnects.

When I started up the IFD100 app it would intermittent connect to the network, show valid data, then after 15-20 seconds the wifi symbol (on the IFD100 app) would have a circle with a line though it (indicating no wifi) and I would lose all data with the app.  This process kept repeating and I was unable to maintain a steady wifi connection with the IFD100 app.  I tried force closing and rebooting the app but encountered the same issue.  I do have the latest IFD100 app and the latest software revision (10.2.3.1) for my IFD.  Switching back to Foreflight revealed no wifi connection issues for the remainder of the flight.

Anyone else encountered wifi stability issues with the IFD100 app?
SR22 - KEQY
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:23pm
Yep... same exact setup and experience. If I let the IFD440 be the wifi access point, I have no issues.  There must be some sensitivity in the IFD100 to the added latency of having an IFD440 and the IFD100 both as wifi clients. 

It might make for a good enhancement to have the IFD100 have a setting/option to allow for the remote hub usage (where enabling it will soften the latency requirements a bit...)

Edited by ansond - 25 Jun 2019 at 5:24pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:21am
I know this has worked fine in the past.  We'll take a look at it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 11:28pm
Awesome... thanks Steve. Happy to assist and provide feedback if needed.

Doug
PredFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PredFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:38pm
Has this issue been resolved?  My IFD 440 is typically stable until I add an approach to the route.  A few seconds after the approach is activated the IFD 100 WIFI disconnects.  It reconnects periodically throughout the duration of the approach, which is not acceptable. My setup and software are the same as the OP.  I don’t recall this being a problem with the previous 440 or 100 software versions, so maybe that is the underlying issue??
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by PredFan PredFan wrote:

Has this issue been resolved?  My IFD 440 is typically stable until I add an approach to the route.  A few seconds after the approach is activated the IFD 100 WIFI disconnects.  It reconnects periodically throughout the duration of the approach, which is not acceptable. My setup and software are the same as the OP.  I don’t recall this being a problem with the previous 440 or 100 software versions, so maybe that is the underlying issue??

I had this issue the first time I tried using the IFD100, the only thing that eventually worked was uninstalling and reinstalling the IFD100 app, but that was apparently only temporarily since I have the same problem again.
PredFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PredFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 6:44am
I’ve deleted and reinstalled the IFD 100 App on several occasions with no luck.  I’ve even tried it on different IPads, with the same results.  I love my 440, but it functions so much better when the 100 is operational.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic