Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

? re ifd100chrts and pc trainer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? re ifd100chrts and pc trainer
    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:33am
ok just read through the thread re no charts.vI tried all suggestions. No Luck. To save me time, I have an IFD440, with jepp pkg subscription. I also have the CMax charts for my ex500, since i have them for the ex500, should i be able to d/l formy 440 as well?

Next ? Since the PC trainer is no longer supported, is it still ok to create a checklist on the PC Trainer and upload to the 440? Or, are 
the 2 not compatible anymore. Thanks for any help.

Best,
David

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 9:15am
1. Charts aren't displayed on an IFD440, so I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

2.  I'll have to ask here about the checklists and get back to you.  As you said, though, the PC sim is no longer supported.  My suggestion is to enter it by hand.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 12:54pm
Hi Steve, undestand no charts on 440. But I do have them on ex500. I’m guessing the ifd is sending chart info to ifd100?

If so, explains things to me. 
Best,
David
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:09pm
No, the IFD doesn't send charts to the IFD100.  The only way you can get them on the IFD100 is to download them using the Jepp screens that appear when you first start the app (or when you press "Update Databases" from the app).
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
BTW, the word about checklists is that they "should" work, but the PC sim is at a pretty old version compared to the IFD.  I'd enter them by hand if I were you.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by dwbarnett dwbarnett wrote:

Hi Steve, undestand no charts on 440. But I do have them on ex500. I’m guessing the ifd is sending chart info to ifd100?

If so, explains things to me. 
Best,
David

Jepp charts for the EX500/5000 will not display on an IFD100, for the same reason they won't display on the IFD440: they are not loaded there.  And Jepp does know the difference - they will not allow you to download charts to the IFD100 unless you have a subscription for charts on your panel-mount IFD.  Since IFD440s cannot load or display charts, you can't have a Jepp subscription for IFD charts.  Without that subscription, Jepp will not offer charts as an option for downloading onto your IFD100.

I don't know if Jepp will sell you an IFD chart subscription without an IFD5xx, but you could call and ask. It's a bummer that the EX500/5000 chart subscription does not count.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:56pm
If you have a bundled subscription, the charts that you get for EX500 should count for your IFD100.  If you have ala carte data then, as Catani said, they don't count.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 4:42am
This is why I inquired.  I DO have a bundled subscription.

Always niceto have extra backup. I’m covered though as I have charts on my EX500 with CMax, and on my FF. Just was curious if I could get them on the IFD 100 with bundle.

Thanks for the input.
Best,
David
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

If you have a bundled subscription, the charts that you get for EX500 should count for your IFD100.  If you have ala carte data then, as Catani said, they don't count.

By "bundled" does that mean the territory/region for IFD navdata and EX5000 charts must be the same? Easy to do if you have an IFD5xx, where navdata and charts would be bundled.  Not obvious what it means otherwise. 

With an IFD440, it would seem any chart subscription for another device could be regarded a la carte as far as Jepp is concerned.  My EX5000 chart subscription covers fewer states than my IFD navdata, and a Jepp rep said it won't give me charts on my IFD100.  Is this an issue of getting the right rep on the phone, or is it an actual Jepp policy to allow charts on an IFD with an EX5000 chart subscription?
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:13pm
IFD-100 squawk:  Maybe I'm the only one with this issue, or maybe it has been discussed elsewhere:

Before v10.2.3.1 on my IFD, and even now, every time I try to synch my IFD-100 iPad App, the "Routes" list gets wiped out (on both of my IFD540's).  Even after restoring the Routes, I am Unable to Synch the Routes with the IFD100.

I have all but given up on the App.  Is there a trick to synching the Routes from our IFD's to the IFD100 App?

Thanks for input.

Tom W.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Catani Catani wrote:

By "bundled" does that mean...
Jeppesen offers bundled subscriptions which cover all Avidyne equipment in the cockpit.  The one I'm familiar with is called the "Jeppesen Services Suite + IFR".  That bundle includes nav, obstacle, terrain, and charts for all IFD, and EX series in the cockpit and also has up to four mobile devices (IFD100).
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

...every time I try to synch my IFD-100 iPad App, the "Routes" list gets wiped out (on both of my IFD540's)...
I'll admit that the stored route synching is a little finicky, but it does work.  My advice is to clear all stored routes on both the panel mount IFD and the IFD100.  Then, close the IFD10.  Enter a stored route on the IFD.  Start the IFD100.  They should sync at that point.

We've got some new ideas in the works that hopefully will make it less finicky.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 3:59pm
Steve -
Thanks for the input.

Once the IFD100 with a new Route is synched with the 540, then how do I get the old Routes back in and synched?  I tried this and then restored the old routes back to the 540, but no IFD100 synching...

Tom W.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:15pm
You deleted all stored routes off of the 540 and the 100, then you added a route to the 540 and it properly transferred to the IFD100, correct?  What do you mean that you "then restored the old routes"?  Once you delete them, you need to reenter them.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm
Too bad the PC-Sim is no longer supported.

So, Now, what is best mentod to move new Flight Plans to the panel 540, other than FF or FlyQ?

Is there any way to copy/paste Flight Plans from the iPad Sim to the panel 540?

Thanks,

Tom W. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:31am
Once the stored routes get synced up again, the IFD100 can be used to transfer stored routes.  Again, we're working on modifications to make that whole process more robust.  There is no method for transferring from the trainer app to the panel.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:38pm
Steve -
Thanks for response.
In earlier thread, I expressed frustration with the IFD100 - seems to wipe out my 540 Routes in the Synch process.

Not sure how to work around this, so I have basically stopped using the IFD100.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Tom W.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:44pm
Steve =

Sorry to be out of synch on my thread responses...

So, in the process you suggest, after I clear Routes from both IFD100 and 540, and they are "synched", can I then "Restore" my Routes from Thumb Drive to 540 and expect correct sunching to IFD100?

Thanks.

Tom W.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
No don’t do the restore.  That will likely re-induce the original problem.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ColinW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:04am
Steve

After many months of chasing Jeppesen Europe, I have now started a IFD540/IFD440/EX5000 bundle for Europe (11089249) as shown here

https://pilotsupport.avidyne.com/kb/article/353-jeppesen-pricing-for-avidyne-equipment/

The deal with Jeppesen to improve the pricing is much appreciated, thank you.

I have downloaded the data for the aircraft units and now logged in to IFD100 on my iPad.  I was expecting to see 4 keys for each of NavData, Obstacles and IFR Charts.  However, I see only 2 keys for NavData & Obstacles and none for Charts.  Could you please confirm what the bundle should contain from Avidyne's understanding?  The Jeppesen agent is unable to advise

Colin

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:51am
The new bundle includes support for IFD100 on two mobile devices.  That bundle should include nav, obstacles, terrain, and charts - all accessible on both the mobile device, the panel IFD, and the EX5000.  Obviously, charts would not be applicable to a 400-series IFD, but they should still be available on the IFD100.

Edited by AviSteve - 25 Sep 2019 at 11:53am
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ColinW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:24pm
Thanks Steve, I'm just checking that the new Jepp serial number for the IFD540 service is entered correctly ...

Ah, I wasn't.  I've deactivated the old serial number but now when I login and click on the settings wheel, it shows the new IFD500 serial number and '2 New Devices Allowed'.  I select it but the Activate button at bottom-right remains greyed-out.  Am I still missing something?

Colin
ColinW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 4:02pm
I finally found this article about activating the IFD100 with a new subscription serial number - even though it’s the chart download I was seeking

That activated the Activate button :-)

Now the remaining issue is that only one IFR and one Europe VFR download are showing as available instead of 2. Investigation continues ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic