Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meridian Meggitt OAT info to IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meridian Meggitt OAT info to IFD540
    Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:02pm
I own a 2001 Meridian (PA-46-500T) 
My IFD540 currently gets heading data from my Meggitt EFIS display.  Is there an input setting on the 429 bus or the RS-232 that will allow the IFD540 to take an OAT input from the Meggitt EDU?
If so, what is the setting (and is it in the 429 or RS-232)?
Thanks,
Bill
forkauto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forkauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:20am
Cant answer your question directly but if it gets heading data it should be able to do OAT as well. MY JPI 830 sends the OAT info to my 550 and I get heading data from my G5. The JPI unit and the IFT550 talk over RS-232 and the setting is Shadin-fadc (IN) and Aviation (OUT). Not sure if yours would be the same so you may want to ask tech support at Avidyne
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:35am
I spoke with tech support and the answer is a solid maybe.  I'll put you in touch with them.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic