Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.2.3.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:07pm
I had my update done at a shop, and all my datablock settings were lost. Not that big a deal.
Further, until I was in the air, going home, I didn't realize that "Remote" needed to be changed to "Local" in Config since I got rid of my Stratus and installed a Garmin 345. I'll have to try to do that myself Sunday.
Is there anything else I need to do in Config?

GBSoren71965 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBSoren71965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:27pm
I did my update myself, with my A&P oversite. Went fine, I'd say it took about 50 min. As far as I can tell no settings were lost. I really appreciate Avidyne making it available so I don't have to bring it in to a dealer!
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:25am
Tried to get 10.2.3.1 done at my local dealer, but they were slammed by ADS-B work and said they could not do it anytime soon.  Glad Avidyne provides the A&P option.  My A&P agreed to sign off on the install so long as it checked out afterwards.  Took less than an hour, no difficulties.  The only user option setting, datablock, configuration, or any other user info lost that I can see is that the wifi password went back to the default.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:35am
I found the map page datablocks set to default, the wifi setup had to be redone, and all the settings for my remote transponder were nil-ed out.

Simple to set up again, I have pics of all the pages and screens.

* Orest

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:57pm

I must have missed some step in the setup or I'm the problem child again. lol.  To setup "remote" WiFi and use my Stratus, this is what I entered on the config page and what shows on my Aux setup page but the IFD does not connect with the Stratus.   I notice that when I select the IFD  using local WiFi I am asked to hit the allow button but when I select the Stratus as the remote Wifi, no such screen pops up to ask permission.

Edited by teeth6 - 26 May 2019 at 1:57pm
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 3:06pm
When you select the Stratus on Wi-Fi in the iPad Settings, Is Avidyne showing up in "Devices" in Foreflight (it may take up to a minute to connect)?

I believe the only feature that is available when IFD is connected to the Stratus remote network is flight plan transfer through Foreflight. It will also allow Foreflight to get ADS-B and GPS data from Stratus.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

... this is what I entered on the config page and what shows on my Aux setup page but the IFD does not connect with the Stratus.   I notice that when I select the IFD  using local WiFi I am asked to hit the allow button but when I select the Stratus as the remote Wifi, no such screen pops up to ask permission.
Make absolutely sure that the SSID is correct in maintenance mode (zero instead of the letter o, no spaces at the end, etc.).  Also make sure password is completely empty.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:59pm
Went back to the plane and found my mistake.  I had all the digits correct (using zero instead of letter O) but the one mistake I made was using a "capital" S in Stratus2S instead of Stratus2s as it appeared.  That one mistake made all the difference.  :).   Thank you. 
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:44pm
Steve - I successfully updated my IFD440 with 10.2.3.1., under my A&P's supervision.  Can I get a link to the install manual rev 15 or later so as to accomplish the "System Checkout" procedures listed in Section 4 of the service bulletin?  I can't locate it on the website. Thanks.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 5:21pm
I would like a copy of the manual too. One part of the service bulletin says rev 15, but another says rev 17. I believe the latter is the correct one, right?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:55am
Use the same link that you used to get the software update.  We have posted an updated Service Bulletin (correcting the wrong rev reference), the Install Manual, and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Use the same link that you used to get the software update.  We have posted an updated Service Bulletin (correcting the wrong rev reference), the Install Manual, and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness.

Thanks.  I only downloaded the "full install" folder.  Did not notice the separate manual.  Will do the post-install checkout and get the signed Maintenance Record out to Avidyne today.  Thanks again.
WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:07pm
@aviSteve, a little clarification for the wifi changes please.  I've been updated, but the shop did not back up my settings prior to the update so I lost some stuff including my wifi settings.  I have since read one of your responses elsewhere that seems to indicate that I can now have several "local" and several "remote" connections configured in maintenance mode, and the 440 will (apparently) ask me on boot which connection I want to pursue?  If that's how it works, that's a great improvement!

Previously, I just assumed I would lose connectivity to the 440 if the ADS-B IN device went south.  But now apparently I can reboot the 440, select the 440 as "local", and connect the iPad to the 440's wifi signal.

Is this how it works?
scott_757 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott_757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:19pm
Did the update on my IFD 440 this morning along with my SC and everything completed with no errors but now getting an "ADS-B GPS Position Invalid: ADS-B Traffic Sensor lacks GPS position" error on my IFD.  It's connected to a FreeFlight RANGR and everything worked before the IFD upgrade.  The input/output configs on the IFD match what they were before the upgrade.  Any thoughts on what to check?

Thanks,
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by WingNut WingNut wrote:

... clarification for the wifi changes ...
You can have up to four configurations that you define in Maintenance mode.  Then you can select from those four in flight mode on the setup page.  It doesn't ask you on startup.  It's all described in the new version of the Pilots Guide (page 7-72 of the 500 series guide, page 6-70 of the 400 series guide).  The pilots guides are downloadable from our website.

Originally posted by WingNut WingNut wrote:

Previously, I just assumed I would lose connectivity to the 440 if the ADS-B IN device went south.  But now apparently I can reboot the 440, select the 440 as "local", and connect the iPad to the 440's wifi signal.
I think you're saying that you typically have the IFD (in remote mode) and and IFD100 connected to something like a Stratus and are wondering what to do if you lose the Stratus.  Assuming I got that right... you don't have to reboot the IFD.  You just have to go to the setup page and choose one of the local configurations that you have defined and then connect the IFD100 to that network.

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:22am
My problem now is I cannot get the IDE 100 to work in remote mode (worked fine in last revision) I turn on the Stratus box, select Strutus2XXXXX from Ipad mini with foreflight, Type Stratus2XXXXX into the second block on maint mode then select remote.

Then select Stratus2XXXX Remote from user side and finally, Select Stratus2xxxxx from the WIFI section on the IDE 100 App.

Am I correct so far?

When I do this, the Foreflight Mini and the IDF Mini seem to log on but the IDF 100 fails to log on, ie no com or gps data comes across.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, if logging on direct it logs right on (Local),
Claude
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:35pm
Be absolutely certain you have the zeros and ohs, and ones and els, all correct. Took me two goes initially.

* Orest

210 Driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210 Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 2:02pm
So I had my update to the latest software (IFD540), and had my old GDL69A activated for a month, but can’t seem to get the WX to show. Is there anyway to update the GDL FIRMWARE so that it will work with my 540? 

My tech read that I must use an old G*530...

If I can’t get it working, may as well tear it out...

Any replies appreciated.
martinrdb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinrdb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
I have exactly the same problem as you - my IFD 550 is showing "ADS-B GPS Position Invalid: ADS-B Traffic Sensor lacks GPS position" after the 10.2.3.1 upgrade with the FreeFlight Rangr. All the config for the FreeFlight is still ok.
Did you find out what the issue is and any way to correct it ?
Alouicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alouicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 7:18pm
10.2.3.1 updated smoothly on both IFD 540 and IFD 440.  Less than an hour each once started, but a lot more in prep and post.  Some of the new Config pages are different than before (10.2.0.0.A).  My data blocks on the 540's right side had minor differences, and the top of the 440 were changed to the same as the 540.  

Adjusted the lighting configuration per the Manual as mine isn't wired to the panel 'dim bus.'  

Used a 6 amp battery charger connected at the battery, and everything I could turn off was.

Fairly simple:  the Service Bulletin is loaded with how to deal with abnormalities.  Check list beginning on page 11/17 will keep you on track.

The Installation Manual (Rev 17) provided in the 10.2.3.1.zip download is very helpful beginning on page 90... If pressing Enter doesn't work, try pressing the lower right knob.  Sometimes took several tries.

So:  What words are being used to log the update?  The A&P/IA is willing, but wants to just sign the logbook.
Thanks!
Al
Be happy! Your choice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alouicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 8:53pm
How about this:
IFD 540 and IFD 440 updated to 10.2.3.1 i.a.w. Avidyne S.B. 601-00182-034.

You're welcome.
Be happy! Your choice.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 9:12pm
You should also include the SNs of the boxes updated.
donemory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donemory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:24pm
Since doing the 10.2.3.1 update, every time I power on my IFD540, (others say their IFD440 does the same), it displays the bottom end of my data blocks and I have to scroll back to the top. Has any one else had this issue and is there a way to correct it so that it displays the top end of the data blocks?  Avidyne any fix here?
Don
ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by donemory donemory wrote:

Since doing the 10.2.3.1 update, every time I power on my IFD540, (others say their IFD440 does the same), it displays the bottom end of my data blocks and I have to scroll back to the top. Has any one else had this issue and is there a way to correct it so that it displays the top end of the data blocks?  Avidyne any fix here?

I have noticed the exact same issue on mine since the update.  A minor issue but certainly a little frustrating as I use the datablocks on every flight, especially for IFR flying.
SR22 - KEQY
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:32pm
I get that datablock scroll issue as well.  Was thinking of filling up all the data blocks with something to see what happens.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 6:47pm
Same issue here... 
Not too inconvenient though, just a flick of the finger to scroll back up.

Tom W.
Ralph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:58pm
Did anyone notice the COM PRESET not working from the blue tooth keyboard after the upgrade?  I also noted that I couldn't change NAV frequencies on the iPad.  Avidyne acknowledges the latter but I didn't get a solid answer on the blue tooth keyboard issue.  Everything else on the blue tooth appears to function normally.
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 11:04pm
Yes, agree the COM PRESET is now not working on the Bluetooth keyboard. 

Thomas

Edited by DH82FLYER - 18 Jun 2019 at 11:07pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by DH82FLYER DH82FLYER wrote:

Yes, agree the COM PRESET is now not working on the Bluetooth keyboard.

That would be too bad, it is a very handy feature when on a local/common flight. Happily I have a toggle on my yoke to achieve that, and use it all the time.

* Orest
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Ralph Ralph wrote:

Did anyone notice the COM PRESET not working from the blue tooth keyboard after the upgrade?  I also noted that I couldn't change NAV frequencies on the iPad.  Avidyne acknowledges the latter but I didn't get a solid answer on the blue tooth keyboard issue.  Everything else on the blue tooth appears to function normally.
Confirmed.  Sorry that one slipped through the cracks.  We have a fix for the next release, but I realize that will be a while.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:15pm
Next release of the IFD100? No changes to the panel-mount IFD?

Out of curiosity, is releasing an app update for the IFD100 a big deal from a certification point of view, or is it like any other iOS app?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:34pm
Sorry, no it's in the IFD software, not just IFD100.

IFD100 is like any other iPad app.  We don't publish a new version for every little change though.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:08pm
Thanks for the explanation, Steve.
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 6:24am
Since this software update, there appears to be a problem with the Fuel Range Rings.

The problem occurs if I zoom the map out to around 800 miles to check the Fuel Range Rings and then pan across and zoom in on the rings. 

They then suddenly disappear at a map range of 80 miles and below.

They reappear when I zoom back out. 

This issue occurs whether I zoom with either the knob or the touch screen. 

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thomas

Edited by DH82FLYER - 22 Jun 2019 at 6:57pm
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Same issue here... 
Not too inconvenient though, just a flick of the finger to scroll back up.

Tom W.

Same here.  First release where this has done this.
David Gates
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:06am
Sounds like a consensus.  We'll find it and fix it in the next release.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:46pm
Interestingly, upon startup, I do NOT get the datablock scroll issue on my top 550 box but do see it  on the bottom 540 box.
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:18pm
Here's a new one:

I had my IFD540 updated to 10.2.3.1 several weeks ago. Everything went fine.

Last week I tried to install a new Jeppesen nav database. The 540 gave me a "KVF error." I powered down and tried several more times but always got the same error.

Avidyne tech support told me to try a different USB memory stick. So I did a low-level FAT32 reformat on several sticks and downloaded the database directly from Jep to each of them. The same error message came up on each.

Tech support then concluded that if the problem wasn't in the memory sticks, it must be in the IFD box. So they had my shop do a "compact flash re-flash" on the box. Basically they had to erase everything and build up the entire firmware and software load from scratch. It took three hours, most of which was spent waiting for the box to finish doing its thing.

That seems to have fixed the problem. The Jep database loaded without incident and the IFD works, for now, anyway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the next update.

Moral of the story: This was the first nav database I tried to load after the 10.2.3.1 update. The problem might have appeared immediately after the update was done if I had tried a database load then. It would have been easier to fix at that time. So load a database after you do the software update, just to make sure you can do it. (The update leaves the existing nav database intact.)

Fortunately for me, my shop covered the re-load under its own warranty and I was there anyway, taking care of some other stuff. Avidyne wasn't as helpful. They told me that I was on my own because the basic warranty on the IFD box had expired and I hadn't bought the extended warranty. (Which I would have, except for Avidyne's indemnification clause, But that's another story.)

So it goes....

Mike

Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by mfb mfb wrote:

Avidyne wasn't as helpful.

You forgot the words:  "... unless I paid for the repair."

When my 430W went south Garmin wouldn't "help" me either.  I refused to pay, bought a new IFD instead.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alouicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:51am
Reinforcing the Map/Data Blocks scrolling down on boot-up issue, even tho' Steve said  "Consensus; will fix in the next release..."  

Sure wish Jepp had some more competition for the Nav Data, Obstacles and Charts!

Other than that, all's good.  No: All's GREAT!
Thanks, Steve, et al!

Be happy! Your choice.
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:05pm
Question, It looks like on the SYS Page and SYS Tab, when the LSK is pressed to show databases, there is no longer an LSK option to update the databases. Pressing this LSK use to reboot the IFD into maintenance mode. Am I just missing something?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 8:40pm
That button is disabled when the IFD thinks the aircraft is airborne.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 8:48pm
Steve, that is interesting because I was in my hangar.  With that information, I’ll have to go fly an have the unit reacquire the GPS signal.  I bet that is it because the FMS doesn’t have an origin in the flight plan.  It doesn’t know where it is.

Thanks
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 10:01pm
You had me wondering myself but I really thought I had entered configuration mode that way since the upgrade.  When I went flying tonight, I tried it on the ground before takeoff and it does behave as it did previously.   I also think I have done it in my hanger before also so I’m a little confused. Report back when you’ve tried again please
programmer@pcmforles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote programmer@pcmforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 11:51am
Myself and one of our customers are still occasionally getting the Datalink data not received error.   He had it departing North Las Vegas a few weeks ago and I got it departing Reno last week.   I am not getting it in flight like I was before.   Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this and if there are any particular conditions that may be triggering this.

pilotken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 12:18pm
I saw this last week also. Scrolling through the alert the notification was for no airmets received for 120 minutes.

Also saw the no-taws warning (along with no sv on the Aspen) so there was some glitch going on

There appeared to be no active airmets on the west coast at the time.  Return trip there were airmets, and no alerts and no problems.

It’s 10.2.3.1 on my IFD540 so something odd is going on. Have a longer trip next week and anxious to see it happens again...

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Gring Gring wrote:

I bet that is it because the FMS doesn’t have an origin in the flight plan.  It doesn’t know where it is.
Nothing to do with the flight plan.  Purely GPS groundspeed and AGL altitude.  If GPS is not valid, the system should go to the last known state.  Sounds like somehow you got into an "airborne" state before powering down and then on the next power-up, the IFD thought it was still airborne.  Just moving the aircraft to a place where it gets GPS should restore the buttons.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:45pm
Re: 10.2.3.1

It is probably noted somewhere within this thread, but I did not find it.

Does the documentation for 10.2.3.1 call out the G5 devices such that the IFD can be the position source to drive a G5 with attached GFC500 autopilot?

Thanks
David Gates
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:59pm
The G5 is called out in the IFD Installation Manual as an approved pairing.  There is no mention of a GFC500 autopilot, since that is driven by the G5.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:49pm
Thanks, Steve.
David Gates
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic