Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight data transfer from IFD540 to Aspen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm
Well, I have a pro 1500 system that is driven by my 540, on the MFD, which is the second Aspen system that is what I get, a repeat of the 540 stuff, on the primary I do not get that information. What Aspen system do you have?
Sauce
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:15am
This condition was actually brought to my attention. I did not notice it so I can't say that it was a change or always this way.
The IFD 540 is wired to the Aspens via 429 data lines per the install instruction.

I thought what was shown on the Avidyne would be shown on the Aspen.
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:41am
Is this a recent phenomenon, or did it just become noticed? Annual recently, or other equipment install since it started? Could be a stream or settings issue, but more information is required to troubleshoot.

Edited by nrproces - 30 Jan 2019 at 7:43am
Sauce
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:07pm
I have noticed that the flight path data is not being displayed on my Aspen PFD/MFD .
The flight plan route show correctly but the curved path course does not transfer from the IFD540 to the Aspen screen.

I noticed that the HOLD depictions are also missing. The IFD540 shows the actual flight path for entry i.e. parallel, teardrop etc. on the screen but only the standard hold image is shown on the Aspen units.

Anyone know why this data is not getting transferred?

TomK

Edited by Cruiser - 29 Jan 2019 at 7:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic