Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Portable ADS-B and 440

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLRDMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portable ADS-B and 440
    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:21pm
I thought I read somewhere on these forums a year or more ago about settings that allow a portable ADS-B unit to display traffic and weather on the 440. I just bought an airplane with a Garmin 330ES. that's ADS-B out only and have a portable unit for ADS-B in. If I can get traffic and weather to the 440, I assume it will also display on the IFD100 app ?

Edited by KLRDMD - 15 Jan 2019 at 1:23pm
---
Ken Reed
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:25pm
Portable uncertified weather and traffic can't be displayed on a certified device. If you have a certified ADS-B in, Avidyne can send it out to an uncertified device
KLRDMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLRDMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
That's what I had thought so it was strange when (I thought) I read that here last year. Thanks -
---
Ken Reed
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:11pm
The IFDs can accept Capstone weather and traffic data via an RS-232 port.  There is at least one person on here that has interfaced his Stratux portable ADS-B IN device to his IFD.  This was in an experimental plane.  You can't legally do that in a certified aircraft as far as I know.  It definitely works, you just can't do it.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic