Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > DFC90/DFC100 Digital Autopilot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DFC90 for the Baron, Bonanza and Skylane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:48am
Avidyne servos are coming along slowly.  We concluded that we weren't happy with the performance and specs a few months ago so we went into a modest redesign effort to improve those and the costs.

When they do come out, they definitely will come along with install kit options for clean sheet installations.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:58pm
Steve,

Would your wild guess for that be more or less than another 12 months?
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 8:24pm
I'm not ready to say. It should be less but everything in this autopilot development effort keeps taking much longer than one would expect.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:39pm
Fair enough.  Thanks, sir.
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:32am
DFC90 STC Progress Update (3 Feb 2013):

We did complete the company testing of the V-tail Bonanza this past week (yesterday in fact) with no autopilot or performance anomalies noted.  Company test serves as the Avidyne official test-for-credit phase.

We now move onto FAA TIA testing this week.  This will be a comprehensive flight test profile which serves as the FAA official test-for-credit.   The good news is that the FAA has delegated these flights back to Avidyne to conduct.  Weather and schedules permitting, this should take about a calendar week.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 2:28pm
Hello Jake,

I have a 1976 A36 Bonanza with a C-III; I have pre-purchased an IFD 540.

What are your current plans and expectations regarding the Century servos?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 7:21pm
Century servo support still in our plans but in the queue behind some other high priority efforts.  It's currently sequenced behind knocking out some of the Stec servo equipped airplanes and competing for attention with the Avidyne servos.   If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd bet the Century servo support is after the Avidyne servo cert.   There are so many moving parts that this could end up different but right now, that looks the most likely ordering.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 7:31pm
Hello Jake,

Aspen has given C-III owners the back burner place in the queue as well. No worries, my C-III is working well for now.

My long term plan is an IFD 540 talking to an Aspen Pro 1000 playing nicely with a DFC 90.

"If you build it, they will come".
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 7:34pm
Understood Jim.

Like my dad keeps telling me, "Timing is everything...."
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 3:53pm
Steve,

What is happening with the Bonanza Cert on Tony's airplane?  Long time no update.  Hope all is going well.

Regards,

Tom Indseth
Tom Indseth
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 11:33am
DFC90 STC Progress Update (22 Feb 2013):

Still creeping toward the finish line on the initial Bonanza cert for the DFC90.  We still have Tony's airplane and are trying to get TIA issued by the FAA.  As soon as the FAA issues TIA, we can move on to the FAA for-credit flights which should  take about a week to complete.  Will post an update when TIA is issued.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 10:51am
Please don't forget about the Baron! B55 with Aspen PDF 1000 Pro, CIII autopilot and Avidyne FlightMax 750! Yes, I said 750...would like to upgrade but darn thing just won't break!!!

I see a DFC90 in my future if you offer it for the Baron. I don't see anything on the current certification schedule list posted on the DFC90 website...how about tacking it on the end to make us fee good! :)

Chick
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 8:18pm
Hi Chick,

Barons, including the B55 is on the list.  It may take longer than we all want but we'll get there.  In the meantime, enjoy the solid 750.....
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 8:46pm
We are now into the second quarter of 2013. Any definitive word on when to expect movement in the certification process for the V tails?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 9:18pm
DFC90 STC Progress Update (1 Apr 2013):

Closer but not done. The lack of published data on flap wiring and flap position voltage proved very troublesome. Because these autopilot certs are so difficult, we did expand this Bonanza cert to all three model types (33, 35, 36) which should prove to be overall faster.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 9:38am
I have wondered about the flap position issue and the older aircraft. Mine is a 1956 G-35 with flap system either up, down or anywhere in between and no position sensor. Is this going to be an issue for the older airplanes and/or require flap position input?
Tom Indseth
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 4:45pm
Well maybe.   What we're planning on doing now, and have amended the paperwork for the FAA to reflect, is that wiring in the flap position will be optional.  If there is an approved set of drawings and a kit for someone's specific make/model/configuration, then that owner can elect to install the flap position pickoff and they have full access to all of the Full Time Envelope Alerting capabilities of the DFC90 (the specific two features are "Flap Overspeed" alert and "Caution Underspeed" alert when the servos are not engaged).    For those owners whose aircraft does not have a set of published drawings on flap position and the kit to legally install OR who elect to not spend the extra time and installation money, they can put the DFC90 in without wiring in the flap position.  In that case, those installs will not have the "Flap Overspeed" aural alert nor  the "Caution Underspeed" aural alert when the servos are not engaged.  Note that coupled flight (servos engaged) are not affected with respect to Underspeed protection - that is to say, Underspeed Protection is still fully functional in those aircraft and the definition of 1.2 Vs that it is based on, will always be no flap Vs since we wouldn't know the flap position.

Explanation clear enough?
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm
Thanks for the response Steve.  I believe I do understand what you described and hope the FAA see it the same way.  To have to add flap position to an older airplane would be a pain.

Again, good luck and keep us posted.  There are a lot of anxious folks ready to install the DFC90.

Regards,

Tom
Tom Indseth
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:17pm
Word on the street is Tony is getting his airplane back this week. Any news you can share at this time?
Tom Indseth
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:52am
There are several flap position scenarios in the Bonanza. The first has no indication. The second has an full up and full down indicator. The third has actual position indication. For the flap down speed protection, are the latter two workable?

Any update on the Avidyne servos?
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 6:22pm
DFC90 STC Progress Update (27 Apr 2013):  

Today we finished the TIA (official FAA flight test) for the Bonanzas.   We'll take a few days to create the results report the FAA needs and then we wait a week or two for the FAA to grant TSO/STC.

The good news is that the FAA delegated the TIA  testing to us and the even better news is that the TSO/STC will be for all types of Bonanzas (33, 35, 36).

(As for David's questions about flaps, if we can get the voltage from the flap switch which we convert to flap position, then yes, we can provide flap overspeed cautions and use flap position to adjust stall speed for Envelope Alerting.     And for the question about Avidyne servos, there has been no meaningful progress since the last report.  It's going very slowly.).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
etekberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etekberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 5:00am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

And for the question about Avidyne servos, there has been no meaningful progress since the last report.  It's going very slowly.).
Is that good news for us Century autopilot owners?
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 9:37am
Congratulations!!!!  That is good news and I'm looking forward to STC issue and kit availability.

Tom
Tom Indseth
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by etekberg etekberg wrote:

And for the question about Avidyne servos, there has been no meaningful progress since the last report.  It's going very slowly.).
Is that good news for us Century autopilot owners?

Congrats on the progress for all things Bonanza! As far as the Avidyne servos...you will sell 10 time more autopilots if you certify with existing equipment and develop the new servos for replacement down the road.

This, of course, spoken from a Baron flyer with a CIII and an Aspen. Bring us the autopilot and we will buy!!!!
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 6:54pm
With respect to Eric's post - I think there are more than a few bonanza owners with legacy, nonconforming, autopilots who need clean sheet installs - I would question the 10x assertion for install over STECs or Centurys. This group will require de novo servo installs.
David Gates
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 10:17am
Is today the day?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:29pm
Today is the day indeed. We just received TSO/STC approval for the Avidyne DFC90 autopilot for the Bonanza about 15 minutes ago. I am on a XC flight right now but will post more details when I return later tonight.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
etekberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etekberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 3:21pm
Now that you have STEC approval, can we get an official update on the status and estimated completion date of the Century servo STC for the Bonanza's?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:16am
As for official updates on the status and estimated completion for Century servo STCs for Bonanza, I can't offer much detail right now.

I will say a few interesting developments are in play (sorry for not disclosing anything material) on that front and that I'll make a point of providing a real update prior to Oshkosh.

We are adjusting internal resources and priorities and that has impact (some positive and some not) on a variety of programs.  I wouldn't read too much into that statement but there are a lot of moving parts we're trying to align.

In the meantime, we'll immediately start field installations in STec equipped Bonanzas and see if anything interesting is learned in the process.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 5:45pm
The list of approved acft is for H-35's and later. What about the G-35's and earlier which have a different TDCS?
Tom Indseth
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 2:26pm
Tom,

As you note, G-35's and earlier are on a different TCDS and not part of the initial Bonanza STC for the DFC90.  In a parallel thread on this forum (http://avidynelive.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=275&title=dfc90-stc-for-bonanzas-granted-today) I pasted the models that are covered by the initial STC.

As a general rule, the FAA will not typically accept multiple TCDS on a single STC and as an absolute rule to date, the FAA will not recognize an AML STC for autopilots.  So, adding the G-35 and earlier is an entirely new STC effort.  It is not currently an active STC project for us but it's on the list to get to.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
twalterhome3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twalterhome3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 4:26pm
Good news so far.
I know you can't commit to any dates, but realistically how far off is the DFC90 for King servos.
I assume that is the same as asking, when till Avidyne servos be done.

Again, I know you can't commit to dates, but is this a priority for Avidyne? are there other higher priority tasks etc?

I really want to get my DFC90 into me A36TC replacing my KFC200

Tim
tindseth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tindseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 8:46pm
I am very disappointed that the earlier models are not included nor planned for in the initial certification. I have repeatedly referenced my G-35 model in most all of my correspondence regarding the DFC90. I was an earliy promoter of the system and led to believe that my aircraft woulld be covered in the initial STC. The fact that you have no plans at this time to include it really bothers me after the efforts in planning, etc. And so life goes.
Tom Indseth
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:40am
Hi Tom et al,

We're sorry the initial STC didn't cover your model - adding the extra TCDS models would have extended the already lengthy effort even more and did not make sense to do at the time.  We understand your disappointment and still intend to add the models.   To be very clear, we view there to be a big difference between "it's not currently an active STC project" and "have no plans at this time".    Adding the extra Bonanza TCDS is still on the to-do list and we have not backed away from that plan.

I know it won't mitigate Tom's disappointment but for anyone else considering the DFC90, please ask on this forum or send a direct email to me at sjacobson@avidyne.com for any specific model or configuration inclusions/questions.   As a reminder, the current plan of record for models and configurations are still current on this sheet:  http://www.avidyne.com/downloads/products/dfc90/DFC90-Bonanza.pdf

Please see the note on the bottom of that page:  "Due to the large number of configurations represented here, there will be some, as yet to be identified, combinations that will
take longer to certify."

The "as yet to be identified" phrase is the one that I'm thinking might generate those extra forum questions and emails and we'll answer any of those we can.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:48am
As for the Avidyne servos and/or King Servo replacement, we're still working on that with moderate effort.  It's a very real and active program on our end but I'm estimating there are another 6-12 months of effort involved before they are a shippable product.  Therefore, while the Avidyne servo development effort continues, in parallel, we'll keep adding to the STC list for STec equipped, and likely Century equipped, aircraft.   For the  time being, those are two different groups of people within Avidyne so the parallel development efforts don't take away from each other.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 1:47pm
Does shippable mean completed AND clean sheet STCed?
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:19pm
Yes but.....it's not 100% clear which airplane we'll use for the initial STC and therefore which make/model it will first be shippable for.  Right now our current plan of record is to use a F33A for that cert platform but if things drag out or circumstances change, the Bonanza *might* not be the first STC and shippable platform.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:41pm
Thanks, Steve, I suspect you are getting tired of this guessing game. That said, it looks like a clean sheet install for my 35 could be even farther away?
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 8:48pm
No, I wouldn't say that.  I know you're struggling with trying to divine a plan for your airplane and I know you need a clean install.   The first cert we do with the Avidyne servos will work for a "clean sheet install". 

Our plan (and I have pretty high confidence it will play out this way) is that we'll use the long term loan F33A as the cert platform for the Avidyne servos.  If that ends up being the case, then that also means it'll work and be simultaneously certified for 33, 35 and 36 Bonanza models, both retrofit and clean sheet install.

There are a number of things that have the potential to throw a wrench in those plans but past performance says we'll find a way to tackle each one of them.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:17pm
That clarifies things and suggests there may be a path forward.

Thanks.
David Gates
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:15pm
Steve,

Will you be updating the certification schedule on the website soon? Hoping to see the Baron series next.

Chick
mah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:47am
I have a Skylane (182P) with its original Navomatic, so at the moment it would seem an upgrade to the DFC90 cannot happen because my servos are insufficient. I'm anxiously awaiting the Avidyne servo solution, and from this thread I get the impression that it might be available in around 6 to 12 months for certain Beechcraft... 

Should I expect that the servos will be available for my Skylane (standard airworthiness, not experimental) at the same time, or should I add a minimum of 6 months to that?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 6:36pm
Chick,

If we haven't done so before then, we'll update that estimated timeline at Oshkosh.

MAH,

I would recommend a conservative assumption here.  In other words, I think it's prudent to assume Skylane availability would be a few months after the first cert of the Avidyne servo.  We are trying to make it simultaneous but that would break the mold with respect to how the FAA views autopilot related certs.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
A36 Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A36 Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:34pm
AviJake,
It has been awhile (about a year) since I last posted.  I and my partners have an A-36 with an Aspen, GNS530, and  Century III Autopilot.  And we just had all of our (Century III) servos rebuilt last winter!  You can imagine my next question!  Is the plan still to get the DFC90 certified to use existing Century servos?  If so, hazard a guess as to when?  (6 months, 2 years, maybe never?)

Thanks,
A36 Kevin

A36 Kevin
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:15am
Hi Kevin,

Integration with Century servos are still on the to-do list.   The priority when compared to getting the Avidyne servos done, certified and shipping keeps experiencing a lead change due to on-going developments with the Avidyne servo. There are times when the Avidyne servo development hits a speed bump such that it appears to make more sense to tackle the Century integration and then there are times when the Avidyne servo completion is the higher priority.  At this point, the Avidyne servo is ahead of the Century integration in our priority scheme.  Given that, I'd have to say we're a year away, at best on the Century completion.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
etekberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etekberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:53am

Hi Kevin,

Integration with Century servos are still on the to-do list.   The priority when compared to getting the Avidyne servos done, certified and shipping keeps experiencing a lead change due to on-going developments with the Avidyne servo. There are times when the Avidyne servo development hits a speed bump such that it appears to make more sense to tackle the Century integration and then there are times when the Avidyne servo completion is the higher priority.  At this point, the Avidyne servo is ahead of the Century integration in our priority scheme.  Given that, I'd have to say we're a year away, at best on the Century completion.

I can't express my disappointment with reading this.  I've paid in full for this product and have been waiting for almost two years now.  How does an Engineering company have massive schedule slips (over 100%) like this and not know about it until late in the development cycle?

Also, how do I learn about a massive schedule slip such as this?  Do I receive regular updates on product status via e-mail?  No, I have to deliberately seek out the information.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:07am
Eric's disappointment is understandable and regrettable.

We'll be working on improving communication above/beyond this online forum.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 11:25am
What is involved in upgrading a 33 Bonanza with S-Tec 60-2 (with yaw damper) to the DFC90? What harness/installation work is foreseen, and who will provide the parts for that? When would be a prudent time to schedule this upgrade with my avionics shop?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 2:08pm
What exact model of the BE33 are you working with?   We can send you and/or your potential avionics shop the specific drawings and STC data so you can have a very precise understanding of the effort.

If you want to take it offline, email me at sjacobson@avidyne.com.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 4:01pm

Chick,

If we haven't done so before then, we'll update that estimated timeline at Oshkosh.

MAH,

I would recommend a conservative assumption here.  In other words, I think it's prudent to assume Skylane availability would be a few months after the first cert of the Avidyne servo.  We are trying to make it simultaneous but that would break the mold with respect to how the FAA views autopilot related certs.

Any updates on the next certification aircraft? Baron? Century autopilots?

Thx

Chick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic