Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trainer charts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trainer charts?
    Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 1:42am
VERY new owner and using the trainer a lot. It’s a terrific help.  But, I don’t get any charts on the trainer.

Is it me, or is it universal?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 7:25am
If you are speaking of Jepp approach plates, that is a different subscription that requires a bundle.  If you have that subscription for the IFDs, the plates will appear on the trainer also.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:07am
If you get the IFD Trainer for your iPad, leaving the username and password blank and clicking on Login will let you download some old data that you can use for learning the IFD.
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:13pm
I have the Jepp subscription.  I’ll try to log in from scratch again, and see what happens.
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:42pm
Bingo. Rebooting worked. Thanks for the help.

Now another question.  I use the iPad in landscape and the profile portion of the chart doesn’t appear.

Other than changing to portrait, which isn’t Practical in the plane, any other thoughts?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Stevei Stevei wrote:

Bingo. Rebooting worked. Thanks for the help.

Now another question.  I use the iPad in landscape and the profile portion of the chart doesn’t appear.

Other than changing to portrait, which isn’t Practical in the plane, any other thoughts?
Use the View button on the chart page to cycle between views - profile is one of the selections.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic