FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting a Compassion call sign on the AXP 322

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
forkauto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forkauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting a Compassion call sign on the AXP 322
    Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:19am
Its actually Pilots N Paws not Pals. Haha, gotta love spell check. Its actually quite easy. The way I set it up was to set up 2 different users. One is my normal N number and the other is my compassion flight number. You do that in the IFD unit under user functions
Ham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:55pm
I sometimes do compassion flights for Pilots N Pals.  It would be convenient to set the compassion call sign on the AXP322.  I looked through the IFD540 pilots guide and it appears that the "flight ID definition" as it alludes to on page 1-29 is where a call sign is entered.  I haven't been able to try and play with the menu's on the IFD yet as I have not been to the airport in the past few days.

Has anyone tried this?

From what I understand, compassion call signs are abbreviated as CMF + last three characters of aircraft N number.  For example CMF2TT for my aircraft.

cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic