Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alert handling with dual IFDs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alert handling with dual IFDs
    Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 10:17am
Mostly for Avi engineering.

How are audio alerts handled with dual 540s (terrain, TOD, etc.).
Do both IFDs send alerts?  Is cross sync involved?  I realize that both IFDs need to be wired to the comm panel, but don’t know how CAs and other non-comm audio is processed.

Thanks.
David Gates
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 10:58pm
I have the audio alerts turned off in settings on one of my IFDs and turned on with the other IFD. They do still cross sync plans, however. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 9:44am
There are local alerts and global alerts.  Global alerts are cross synced.  Each IFD will generate audio associated with alerts shown on that box.  I would expect that alert audio from only one of the boxes is wired to the audio panel.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 10:27am
Ok, makes sense.

So, Steve, I went to the 10.2.2 PG, and in section 6 that outlines alerts with globals being marked by asterisk I can see which is global and which is not.  Should have read the PG first, BTW, my bad.

Is it fair to assume that the ones marked as global have audio callouts, and the locals have the screen depiction on the affected unit only?

If that is true, then only one unit NEEDS to be wired for audio alerts, though that does not mitigate failure mode.

David Gates
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 1:16pm
David, where did you find the 10.2.2 PG? The latest PG that I can find is 10.2.1 Rev 6 dated March 1, 2018.

Vince
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 1:52pm
You are right.  It is 10.2.1, my software is 10.2.2 I think.
David Gates
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:58pm
OK, just thought I maybe missed something. Yes, current software is 10.2.2

Vince
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:38pm
Not all globals have audio.  However, all alerts that have audio are global.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:25am
As  I suspected, and very helpful.

Thanks!
David Gates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic