Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An appreciation of hybrid touch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An appreciation of hybrid touch
    Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:45am
+1  Absolutely  Comes in handy all the time. Very versatile!!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:17pm
+1

paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 3:09pm
This past week I was flying DCU-VKX. I'd planned a fuel stop at INT, then diverted for weather to BLF, went missed there, and decided to bug out to BKW. There was an AIRMET for low-level turbulence and it was well deserved.

Did I mention that my autopilot was in the shop, so I was hand-flying?

Anyway: the hybrid touch model proved its value really clearly during the whole flight. I was effectively able to manage my approaches and frequencies and make the box do what I wanted with very few missed touches or bad-fingering. That was *not* the case with Foreflight, where I had a hell of a time trying to hit the moving target.

Thanks, Avidyne.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic