Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sim options not requiring password?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sim options not requiring password?
    Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:26pm
Hi all,

I have my aircraft equipped with an IFD540 in a flying club, and wanted to promote some training on the unit.  The latest revision of the ipad simulator requires the Jeppesen userid and password.  I'd prefer not to float that to the whole flight club since I manage several aircraft databases with that ID. 

Are there any sim options that do NOT require the Jeppesen userid and password?  If I do give it to other club members, is there a limit to the number of devices that it allows?

Thanks!
M20J N4702H (F45)
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:44am
I think if you log in with a blank userid and password you can download demo databases that allow you to run the simulator with older data.

Edited by HenryM - 14 Nov 2018 at 12:36pm
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:35am
My IPAD IFD TRAINER opens with a LOGIN button at bottom right and a START button at bottom left.  The START button bypasses logging in.  Also, if the database is current, the trainer bypasses the LOGIN screen and immediately opens into the IFD screen.  My Trainer version has S/W 10.2.1.0.
Bob
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

I think if you log in with a blank user I’d and password you can download demo databases that allow you to run the simulator with older data.

Correct.  The lower right corner will say "Demo" instead of "Login".  woody, did you get this to work?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
woody0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:26pm
I did get that to work, and I will pass that on to our club members.

thank you!
M20J N4702H (F45)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic