Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > TAS600 Systems and ADS-B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated TAS605A - on the way back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:03pm
Yes, I'm curious about that too, as to how they account for the disparate sources, on the display side. Don't know if there is available an updated soft-copy PG yet.

Should be installed this coming Mon/Tues.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 11 Sep 2018 at 1:05pm
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:00pm
Orest - Keep us posted when you have a chance to flight test...
Mine is in the assembly line, due to complete the upgrade this week.

Curious to see if the "composite" traffic display on our IFD's shows separate/different traffic icons: UAT icons for ADSB and diamonds for transponder TAS targets... 

Tom W.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:43pm
So, Avidyne told my shop to expect 10 to 15 days, plus shipping time to/from Canada, so say up to 19 days door to door. I had a coupon for the upgrade, so there is no charge on the factory work, or return shipping.

My TAS605 was sent in 30th Aug, it is now 11th Sept, and a return tracking number is now available. Should be here before the end of the week, say 13th Sept, so it will have been 10 days exclusive of shipping. Right on schedule, if not early.

I have heard that the turnaround time may be climbing. As folks find out about availability, I expect there may be large glut of units sent in, in a short period of time. I may have got in before the initial wave.

It will be nice to have it back, I feel a little "threatened" flying around right now. ;)

Will report back after the install, with any observations.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 11 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic