Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Decoupling IFD540 and 440

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decoupling IFD540 and 440
    Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:14pm
Sharing flight plans between my IFD540 and newly installed IFD440 is a benefit.  However, I want to have the ability to go direct to a downline fix on one IFD while retaining the original route of flight on the other so that I can track fuel and time on my flight log.  I haven't figured out how to do this.  I'm sure I can use the mx menu to totally decouple the units, but I want to retain the ability to transfer flight plans.
John
A36
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:11pm
The way the systems are designed, there is only one logical active flight plan, which is distributed and edited by all the units that are linked together.

Unless you decouple them, and lose all communication, there is no way to modify the flight plan on one unit, and not the other.

But, there have been requests to allow for a plan flight plan, that is not yet executed. The old CNX-80 could do that, nothing changed until you hit EXEC. Don't know where that item might be in the priority list.

The other way to do that, would be to play around with the downloaded flight plan, on an EFB app.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 07 Aug 2018 at 3:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic