Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flight plan distances

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flight plan distances
    Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 5:33pm
When I have a flight plan loaded and active the FPL will display each waypoint along the route. I just discovered today that the distances listed on the waypoints are from the previous waypoint. So when I was looking at the distance to my destination, it was showing on the waypoint block as being closer to me than the next waypoint in the flight plan. When I added these two distances together in my head it came out to the correct distance to the destination. 

Is this the correct method of displaying distance or am I confused?

Edited by Cruiser - 01 Jul 2018 at 5:47pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:57pm
Each block in the plan shows you the distance and fuel burn from the previous waypoint.  If you want the distance to the destination, you can use one of the data blocks that shows the pertinent information for your destination. 
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
Use the "Dest. Along Track Info." datablock. You can add it to your datablocks on the MAP page by using the AUX -> SETUP -> Datablock Setup screen.

That datablock will give you total distance and time to your destination along the flight plan you have programmed.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic