Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 Suggested Improvements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 Suggested Improvements
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:55pm
Use this topic to capture improvements that you would like to see in the IFD100.  Before posting something here make sure that the suggestion applies only to the IFD100 and not to the actual avionics.

I'll seed the thread with this one...

It would be nice if the IFD100 would allow deletion of a selected database file.  For instance, if I just happen to select the wrong terrain coverage, there is currently no way to remove that terrain file from my iPad.  I could just load another terrain file and the app would work OK, but then I would have an extra terrain file taking up precious iPad storage.  That may prevent me from having enough room for the latest version of Candy Crush.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:44pm
- I would like to see some sort of documentation on what is needed to get the IFD-100 to work properly. For example, that the databases need to match exactly what is in the panel IFD, turn off data connections in a cellular iPad, etc. 

My IFD-100 still doesn't seem to be interacting with my IFD-540. I have tried setting my iPad in airplane mode and then turning on WiFi and Bluetooth, but the radio frequencies shown and the map shown are different from my IFD-540 and the location seems to be somewhere near Boston MA, rather than Austin, TX, where I actually am. Maybe the feature you mention will help get the databases in sync. Perhaps that is part of my problem, since I initially downloaded a European terrain database that I can't get rid of, and my IFD-540 doesn't report a NAmerica terrain database nor Worldwide MapData that the IDFD-100 does. 

- I would like traffic and weather displayed from my Skytrax 100. 

- I would like the app to display traffic and data from an external ADS-B receiver, like a Stratus or Stratux box. I would also like the IFD-540 to do this too, especially because the Skytrax is not dual band, and I often see traffic on FF that is not shown on the IFD devices.

- When the app is not connected to an IFD device, it should use the iPads GPS to locate itself and serve as an EFB on its own, at least as far as showing a moving map, and picking up weather from a cellular or WiFi connection. Combined with an external ADS-B receiver, it should also display traffic and weather. Basically, it should function like the IFD-540 that I have. It should even show radio frequencies, even if it can actually receive anything so I can dial those frequencies as the IFD auto selects what is needed for a given approach.

Edited by HenryM - 04 May 2018 at 10:49am
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 10:22am
- My IFD100 (latest version) deactivated the FLTA and TA user options upon initial cross sync with my IFD540 with sw10.2.1.0. Those user options are still blue on the IFD100; however, cannot be toggled back on. An uninstall/reinstall of the IFD100 restored those options until the IFD100 connected to my IFD540 again. I would like to see this issue fixed.

- Local time offset either synced with IFD or user option selectable.

- User option to auto display airport diagram (plan view?) upon landing with virtual LSK toggle between aircraft position fixed in center of display or current chart display modes. I would suggest that the virtual LSK toggle defaults to aircraft position being fixed in center of display upon auto display of airport diagram. The center fixed aircraft position could automatically toggle to current display mode if the diagram is manually maneuvered other than zooming.

Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 11:44am
My IDF 100 does not show any fuel information (anymore). Initially it had fuel flow data and range circles on  the map, but these data have disappeared magically. Now they are greyed out and can not be reinstated on the IFD100, while the data is fully present on the IFD540. I would appreciate that feature fixed. Many thanks 
Warrenwhis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:53pm
I would very much like to see my radar on the radar tab on the map display on my IFD100, as on my IFD540. I just installed an ART2000

Edited by Warrenwhis - 24 Jun 2018 at 7:53pm
ChainSaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChainSaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 4:20pm
would like to see the traffic and Wx that the ifd440 gets from the Freeflight receiver on the ifd100. Is the ifd 100 currently supposed to display this? If so, what settings do I use?
ChainSaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChainSaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 4:36pm
would expand the capabilities of the ifd440 if the 440 waas position could drive a moving IFR enroute low chart on the ifd100. The ifd 100 needs to be able to use ifr and vfr charts since the ifd440 cannot. This would be the ultimate award-winning nav combo.

Edited by ChainSaw - 08 Jul 2018 at 4:37pm
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:27am
I would like to know about the fuel flow data fix for IFD100 as well.  We seem to have lost it with the 10.2.1 update for IFD100.   I found it usefull.
Ed
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by ChainSaw ChainSaw wrote:

would like to see the traffic and Wx that the ifd440 gets from the Freeflight receiver on the ifd100. Is the ifd 100 currently supposed to display this? If so, what settings do I use?
It's supposed to.  Your 440 is getting the data directly from the Freeflight receiver?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ChainSaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChainSaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 9:14pm
yes. The free flight 978 UAT is hardwired to serial/com Port #4 of the ifd 440. The ifd 440 is displaying TIS-B and at least service level C / regional Wx METARs for sure. I do not see TIS-B or Wx on the ifd100. Settings on ifd440 or ifd100???
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Warrenwhis Warrenwhis wrote:

I would very much like to see my radar on the radar tab on the map display on my IFD100, as on my IFD540. I just installed an ART2000
That function is already there.  I just saw it working here in our lab.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 7:38am
I would very much like to use the IFD 100 instead of the USB Stick to update the Jeppesen database on the panel mounted device.

The IFD100 can easily download the most actual Jeppesen Database at home. So it should also be able to download the new Jeppesen database from the IFD100 into the panel mounted device - that is of course after connecting via the IFD540/440 WLAN.

Please see here https://youtu.be/-xAaSrtWrYg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic