Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test
    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25pm
We've been having issues with the forum, so this is just a test topic.  If you see this, please post back saying so.  Thanks for the help.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Heno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:38pm
so
tbrekken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbrekken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:51pm
steve, it works!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Heno Heno wrote:

so
I like it.  You guys are very clever :)
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
I see this without issue on my iPad.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:05pm
It does seem to take a while to actually transmit the post. I’m not sure if that issue is on my end or yours.
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:36am
"SO"
Sauce
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 4:53pm
So.
CardinalRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CardinalRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:46pm
so
CardinalRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CardinalRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
so
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:15am
Seeing everything just fine.  However, the screen froze up when I hit the post button, even though it apparently had posted properly.

Edited by AZ Flyer - 22 Apr 2018 at 1:18am
Rangemaster_Tango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rangemaster_Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:30pm
Test
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:09am
Read you 5x5. How me?
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:04am
I'm online.  Active status of my account was set as "inactive" in the server shuffle.  Only recently activated before that.  Avidyne IT fixed it.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by paulr paulr wrote:

Read you 5x5. How me?
Loud and clear :)

Things are slowly getting better.  I'm still unable to upload images, but I'm pestering IT to fix it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by afassas afassas wrote:

I'm online.  Active status of my account was set as "inactive" in the server shuffle.  Only recently activated before that.  Avidyne IT fixed it.
I'm not sure how you got that activated, but glad you did.  If anyone else runs into this problem, you obviously can't post, so just email me at slindsley at avidyne.com and we'll get you fixed up.  I've actually gone through the membership list lately and found a few on my own to activate, but probably didn't get them all.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:09am
Yesterday it was taking 2+ minutes from clicking "post reply" until the reply appeared and now it is <3 sec, so yay for Avi IT!
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:51pm
I'm on.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:44pm
Impressive improvements in the speed and stability of the site.

* Orest

paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:44am
One oddity: the new forum software seems to be arbitrarily creating hyperlinks. For example, if you look at the "new ADS-B wx products" thread, you'll see that there are links added to the terms "Skytrax", MLB100", and "Avidyne" that go to various (mostly incorrect) places.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by paulr paulr wrote:

One oddity: the new forum software seems to be arbitrarily creating hyperlinks. For example, if you look at the "new ADS-B wx products" thread, you'll see that there are links added to the terms "Skytrax", MLB100", and "Avidyne" that go to various (mostly incorrect) places.

I've noticed that too, and I'm investigating.  Very annoying.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

I'm not sure how you got that activated, but glad you did.  If anyone else runs into this problem, you obviously can't post, so just email me at slindsley at avidyne.com and we'll get you fixed up.  I've actually gone through the membership list lately and found a few on my own to activate, but probably didn't get them all.

The HOW I got my AvidyneLive account reactivated, is a WHO.  I had been working with Anne Epperson in Avidyne Customer Relations on trial Jeppesen subscription and getting warranty dates correct.  I mentioned this issue and she sent my request on to your IT folks.  Done.

She is uber helpful and fast response.  Much appreciated. 

Edited by afassas - 26 Apr 2018 at 6:23pm
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Beech A36
KRGA
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:38pm
I thought I’d report an issue that I’m having accessing the forums. It seems to work when outside my corporate network, but when I am connected to it I get an error that says Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.  If I try using https://Forums.avidyne.com, then the error says that Safari can’t establish a secure connection. 

This all used to work before the last changes. Our IT department is not particularly picky about allowing access to external sites. We haven’t had any changes on our side. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

I thought I’d report an issue that I’m having accessing the forums. It seems to work when outside my corporate network, but when I am connected to it I get an error that says Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.  If I try using https://Forums.avidyne.com, then the error says that Safari can’t establish a secure connection. 

This all used to work before the last changes. Our IT department is not particularly picky about allowing access to external sites. We haven’t had any changes on our side. 
Are you sure that the old site used to work with secure connection (i.e. https)?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:31pm
I'm pretty sure it was always unsecured, http only.

* Orest

HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm

Are you sure that the old site used to work with secure connection (i.e. https)?

No. I always had a bookmark to the http site. I just tried https because many sites are moving to implement more security. 

I don't know why all of a sudden I'm having a problem connecting to the http site.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

No. I always had a bookmark to the http site. I just tried https because many sites are moving to implement more security. 

I don't know why all of a sudden I'm having a problem connecting to the http site.
It could be that your browser still has the old site cached.  My only suggestion is to reload without the cache or clear your cache so that it will for sure go out to the right address.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 6:35pm
I'll try that and report back, Steve. It will probably be a while before I get a chance.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:51am
We're still working some email notification issues.  afassas (Alex), please reply letting me know whether you got an email notification of this post.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:13am
I tried clearing the cache and cookies, but still get an error that the server cannot he reached. I’m sure it is something on my end not finding the Jp address of the site. The name server must not know the site’s address. As soon as I disconnect from the WiFi service and try with my cellular connection, everything works. We do have a site blocker, but it is not being activated.

I don’t know how to make the name server refresh it’s address list. It seems to know the server exists, but it can’t reach it. 

Edited by HenryM - 01 May 2018 at 11:15am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:26pm
I tried to upload an image with a posting and it just timed out. Repeated attempts over a longer time span didn't change anything. Size was about 600k jpg. Is this a known issue?
Vince
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:59pm
All of a sudden, I can reach the forums. I don't know how the issue got fixed.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

I tried to upload an image with a posting and it just timed out. Repeated attempts over a longer time span didn't change anything. Size was about 600k jpg. Is this a known issue?
Yes, image uploads are a known issue and it has yet to be resolved.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:17pm
Steve,
Per my separate email reply,  I was not getting email notifications from the forum until I logged in and viewed the forum.  I also checked my "subscriptions" in my Member Control Panel.  It seems that notification emails started flowing after I logged in to the forum again.

Thanks, all good now.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Beech A36
KRGA
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:04pm

Steve,
Per my separate email reply,  I was not getting email notifications from the forum until I logged in and viewed the forum.  I also checked my "subscriptions" in my Member Control Panel.  It seems that notification emails started flowing after I logged in to the forum again.

Thanks, all good now.
OK good, thanks.  Looks like the forum might be back to 100%.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic