Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AHRS failure on IFD 550

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AHRS failure on IFD 550
    Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 1:56am
A few weeks back I hit the synthetic vision tab and receive an error screen. “Attitude failure...”. I’ll post a pic. I simply did as requested and it rest pretty quick. I was in mid flight. Straight and level with no turbulence. The next time up it did it again. Early on it would reset but now it won’t reset at all. A couple days ago it wasn’t wanting to reset so I figured it was because of the light chop I was flying in. After landing I got the plane stationary at an idle and it finally reset.

Today I went up and same issue, except I never got it to reset. Even after landing and stationary it would continually give me the error. I shut the plane down and turned the Avionics back on... wouldn’t reset.

I’ve had the 550 maybe a year or a little less?

Love the synthetic vision but it needs to work.

Is this an indication of a failure if he AHRS?

I do have the latest software update fwiw. 10.2.1.

Edited by arkvet - 11 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm
Brent

PA32-301
IFD550 / AXP322 / SkyTrax100 / Dual G5's / GFC 500 / JPI 830
arkvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 2:24am
I tried to post the pics but no luck. Error trying to upload them from phone. I’ll try again later.
Brent

PA32-301
arkvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:47pm
Got in touch with TJ regarding the issue.  The IFD goes back to Avidyne for work.  I am under the impression this is not something they've seen much, if at all.  I'll provide an update when I can.

I suppose now would be a good time to work on the partial panel ? Nav #2 aspects of my IFR rating that's in progress.  I'll try to keep the glass half full.
Brent

PA32-301
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:17pm
That is a good attitude!  LOL.

Well, it shouldn't be be for very long that you'll have the partial panel practice.

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic