Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Database Installs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Installs
    Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 6:57pm
I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior after updating to 10.2.1.  When I first upgraded to 10.2.1, the Nav database reverted to an older one which I had expected.  It was time for new charts as well so I updated the 540s with the sticks as usual which had the latest Nav data, charts and obstacles.   After doing the restart of the units, there was this error message that there was no Nav database installed.  I thought that was strange but since I still had it on my sticks, I just reinstalled the Nav data again and all was good.  Today, I only to put in the latest charts.  My Nav data was still current so I installed  the charts as usual and again upon the restart of the units, there was NO Nav database.  This time, I did not have the Nav data on my sticks to re-install as I had reformatted the sticks so I had to scrub the flight until I can get Nav data back in.  I imagine I would have seen others mention this by now if others had seen it but thought I'd share.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:00pm
In checking back for replies on my iPad, I saw the posting doesn’t appear on The Safari browser but does show on Firefox, Chrome etc. Interesting.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 8:36am
I don't know about Safari, but have run into a similar problem with IE for some custom work-related websites.  There was cache setting that I had to adjust to force it to load the website on every visit, rather than using cache.  IIRC, IE had three settings, along the lines of use cache heavily, use cache smartly, or never use cache/load fresh each visit. 

The browser was not realizing the work site had been updated and was showing me a stale, cached version of the site until I changed that setting.

Maybe Safari is doing something similar?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic