Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

local time offset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: local time offset
    Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:10am
How do you change the local time offset.
It is grayed out in the user options.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 7:31pm
It is not possible to change that.  It gets it from the IFD but the ETA at destination is wrong as it does not take Zulu time into consideration.  I was hoping that would be fixed in 10.2.1 but maybe next release?
bellanca1730a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:21am
I’ve slept more than once since I last changed mine, but it is possible. Seems like I rotated the lower-right outer knob until over the local offset line, then rather than trying to select it I just rotated the inner knob to change the offset value.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:08am
(disregard)

Edited by oskrypuch - 27 Mar 2018 at 2:09pm
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:42am
I believe this thread was originally referring to the lack of being able to adjust the IFD100 local time offset.
bellanca1730a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:16am
Yep, apologies — that’s what I get for trying to be helpful before cup #2.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

I believe this thread was originally referring to the lack of being able to adjust the IFD100 local time offset.

Oops.

* Orest

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:53pm
Has any progress been made in getting the ETA at destination to be accurate on the IFD 100.  It is off by the Zulu offset in the IFD.  (4 hours off at this time of year in the Eastern Zone)
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

Has any progress been made in getting the ETA at destination to be accurate on the IFD 100.  It is off by the Zulu offset in the IFD.  (4 hours off at this time of year in the Eastern Zone)
Not yet.  I'll tweak the iPad guy to make sure it's on his radar.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 6:58am
As long as you're tweaking the iPad guy, Steve, please see the thread about the fuel datablocks in the IFD100 forum. You might gently suggest to him that he hang out there the way you do here.. unless that takes away from his development time, in which case ssshhhhhh.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:10pm
With the somewhat recent addition of charts to my IFD100, I've noticed that the MAP - CHARTS - PASTE "Airport" option only appears to toggle among the airports in the active flight plan that have four letter identifiers (i.e. KDEN). Those airports with three letter identifiers in the active flight plan (i.e. C73) do not show up in the PASTE "Airport" toggle.

Although I have not yet tested, I believe my IFD540 most likely exhibits the same airport chart toggle behavior due to the same behavior present in the IFD540 Trainer App.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

Sadly, the method that we use to manage time on the IFDs is not allowed on the iPad.  To make it work, we would have to change a lot of code.  The IFD100 is a port of the flight code with very minimal change. We prefer to keep it that way, so any fix for this IFD100 problem would involve a change to flight code. As a result, it's unlikely that this particular issue on the IFD100 will get fixed anytime soon.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:09am
Steve,
Thanks for the update.  Not that important if it requires a lot of code to be changed.  Easy enough to subtract 4 or 5 hours and voila!!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

With the somewhat recent addition of charts to my IFD100, I've noticed that the MAP - CHARTS - PASTE "Airport" option only appears to toggle among the airports in the active flight plan that have four letter identifiers (i.e. KDEN). Those airports with three letter identifiers in the active flight plan (i.e. C73) do not show up in the PASTE "Airport" toggle.

Although I have not yet tested, I believe my IFD540 most likely exhibits the same airport chart toggle behavior due to the same behavior present in the IFD540 Trainer App.
Yep, that's a bug in flight code.  I just fixed it.  Will be in 10.3.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:28am
Thanks Steve!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic